Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Again!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 shawn1

shawn1

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:50 PM

I joined this forum because I often need advice and some guidence.I posted a question in the forum a couple days ago and several people have viewed it but no replys.Am I doing it wrong?How do I get a reply?I see others have.Anyway I will ask again.I reinstalled Windows Home version and I am unable to download Java.I have tried the off line and online methods and get the same respose to both.File path invalid or dose not exist.I have tried all I know any help would be great.Thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

Visual C++ STL Maintainer

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 AM

Posted 07 March 2008 - 11:05 PM

Is it this topic?
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry759379

Billy3
Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

#3 shawn1

shawn1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2008 - 11:44 PM

Yes.That is it.Any ideas?

#4 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

Visual C++ STL Maintainer

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 AM

Posted 08 March 2008 - 12:07 AM

I'm sorry, but I cannot help you with LimeWire issues. We do not recommend file sharing applications here, which is why you probably weren't responded to in the first place. In helping you install LimeWire, I'm helping you compromise your computer, which I will not do.

It is also worth it to note that you should not have to use Java to download LimeWire. If the site you are getting it from is asking for Java, than it is probably a FAKE MALWARE SITE designed to have you let it into your system so that it can infect the bleep out of it. Your AntiVirus is probably blocking this attempt.

I'm sorry I cannot resolve your issue.

Have a nice night,
Billy3
Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

#5 Ken Seaman

Ken Seaman

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2008 - 02:14 AM

He is correct you do not need java to install limewire and from experince, installing it is a mistake.
Ken Seaman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users