Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Xp Security Breach- Gurus Where Are You?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 byrdwoman

byrdwoman

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:12 PM

I was recently infected with several backdoor trojans. I have removed them but I have several questions about what extent
I may have been compromised. I have quick books and an old version of Quicken installed. Neither program downloads info from my bank. I have no credit card info stored on my computer. My concern is I bought things online with my credit card and access investments and bank accounts online. Could these be affected and do I change pass words and account numbers? If you think I need to reformat my computer, please send me step by step instructions on what to do. I am running a custom built computer, XP Pro, 1 gig memory and it has a Asus mother board (probably this is more that you need to know :crazy:smile.gif I am a newbie and want to learn about computers. Thanks so much for your help.

Mod Edit: Topic moved to more appropriate forum~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 08 March 2008 - 02:11 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Bartster

Bartster

• Members
  • 188 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:33 PM

Hi byrdwoman,

Changing your passwords would definitely be a good idea, as far as your other questions are concerned,
I would suggest sticking around for one of the experts to help you!

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, good luck.

Bart

You might want to contact all of your banks, credit card companies etc and inform them of your situation.

Edited by Bartster, 07 March 2008 - 09:40 PM.

#3 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:46 PM

you might want to post some scan logs and have the experts look at them

knowing what kind of trojan would determine the appropriate action

the am I infected thread would be a good place to start

If they were bad enough then something like this would apply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...st&p=752211

it took me months to find and delete the remnants of an infection I had last summer

Edited by DaChew, 07 March 2008 - 09:47 PM.

Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users