Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Movie Maker

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Brett024

Brett024

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 07 March 2008 - 07:21 PM

I am trying to make a highlight tape from my football season for college coaches and i am trying to use windows move maker but it wont let me. I have all my 12 games on dvds but when i try to import it wont let me. please help

Edited by rigel, 07 March 2008 - 08:14 PM.
Mod Edit:Moved topic to a more appropriate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ucanfixit

ucanfixit

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:27 PM

WMM does not support a direct import from a DVD disc. Here are the following file types that are supported: .asf, .avi, .m1v, .mp2, .mp2v, .mpe, .mpeg, .mpg, .mpv2, .wm, and .wmv

#3 Brett024

Brett024
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 08 March 2008 - 12:06 AM

is there a way to convert the dvd to any of those file types?

#4 ucanfixit

ucanfixit

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 08 March 2008 - 05:58 PM

Wow... I'm really surprised that none of the experts responded yet but I'm sure they will after I give you my opinion so here goes... First off, WMM is primarily intended to create a movie from scatch and does not work well, in attempting to import and edit, a movie that has been made by some other software and is extremely large to boot (like your converted DVD movie would be). So, if I were you, I would try two different methods. The first would be to try and capture "only" the segments you want with WMM via the "capture from video device" option. This method serves two purposes. First, it keeps the file size smaller and WMM can usually handle the capture stream. The other method would be to use some other software (like Nero) that is better suited for DVD type editing. Now, since I've used Nero v6.6 for ages, I can't specifically recommend any free ones for you so maybe someone else will chime in with a suggestion. And finally, did your DVD burner come with any software that might have DVD editing capabilities?

Edited by ucanfixit, 08 March 2008 - 05:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users