Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is This Program Needed?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bartster

Bartster

• Members
  • 188 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 07 March 2008 - 04:21 PM

I have a program called Hardware Diagnostics Tools from PC Doctor. It came preloaded on my HP computer and I was wondering whether or not it is a useful program I should
keep. Does Vista have a similar program which performs the same function? I'm trying to eliminate any unneeded items from my machine.

Any advice/opinions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ucanfixit

ucanfixit

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2008 - 04:56 PM

I have a program called Hardware Diagnostics Tools from PC Doctor. It came preloaded on my HP computer and I was wondering whether or not it is a useful program I should
keep. Does Vista have a similar program which performs the same function? I'm trying to eliminate any unneeded items from my machine.

Any advice/opinions?

As with any diagnostic software, it is sitting there as a useless entry right now. However, some day it might come in handy if you encounter an intermittent hardware failure. Also, any decision to keep or delete should be made on your level of comfort in being able to self diagnose PC problems. Personally, I have a Dell and have chosen to remove everything that came preloaded on my machine (including the Dell diagnostic partitions), but to each their own. I would only suggest that you try running it and look at it's capabilities before making any final decision.

Edited by ucanfixit, 07 March 2008 - 04:58 PM.

#3 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

Visual C++ STL Maintainer

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,301 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 07 March 2008 - 05:03 PM

Make sure its not autostarting, but other than that I'd leave it.

Here is a little more about the company itself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PC-Doctor

Billy3
Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

#4 Bartster

Bartster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 188 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2008 - 05:35 PM

Thanks for your prompt replies!

Bart

#5 grap6b

grap6b

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 07 March 2008 - 11:36 PM

You can remove it. You will not face any problem after removing Hardware Diagnostics Tools from PC Doctor which came preloaded with your HP computer. You can later choose which diagnostics tool to use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users