Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Window Size

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kostom

kostom

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 07 March 2008 - 02:48 PM

Is there any way to set the window size? Every time I open a window I have maximize the window from a small window. I know that if you open IE from Quick Launch it will the way it was closed, it doesn't from My Favorites...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Cyb3r_Ninj@

Cyb3r_Ninj@

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 07 March 2008 - 02:59 PM

Try unchecking the option for "Remember each folder's view settings" in the Folder Options under Control Panel by doing the following:

Start >> Control Panel >> Folder Options >> View tab >> Advanced settings

"Remember each folder's view settings" is the sixth check box option from the bottom of the scroll list.
Bill Gates recognizes the skills... so i suggest you start there and recognize them too...
:: digital.ronin ::

| MCP - ID 5646435, other certifications pending... |

#3 kostom

kostom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2008 - 03:33 PM

Try unchecking the option for "Remember each folder's view settings" in the Folder Options under Control Panel by doing the following:

Start >> Control Panel >> Folder Options >> View tab >> Advanced settings

"Remember each folder's view settings" is the sixth check box option from the bottom of the scroll list.

No change checked or un checked still small

#4 grap6b

grap6b

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 07 March 2008 - 03:34 PM

If the process suggest by CYB3R_NINJ@ dosn't work then restart your computer. See if now its its working or not. If now also it didn't work then check your antivirus program. It may be the effect of an malware. Install latest antivirus. I hope this will solve your problem.

#5 kostom

kostom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2008 - 05:51 PM

If the process suggest by CYB3R_NINJ@ dosn't work then restart your computer. See if now its its working or not. If now also it didn't work then check your antivirus program. It may be the effect of an malware. Install latest antivirus. I hope this will solve your problem.

NO change, I am using AVG paid version

#6 Cyb3r_Ninj@

Cyb3r_Ninj@

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 07 March 2008 - 06:38 PM

OK, i did a google search and it doesn't appear that there is a registry edit or setting that you can manual configure to change the default size of windows when launching a new program or windows explorer window.

The best solution found was a free program called AutoSizer for setting the window launch size, which you can download and install on your machine.

Here is a location where you can download the file:
http://www.southbaypc.com/AutoSizer/

I have not personally downloaded or worked with this program, but it appears to solve the issue that you are having and user feedback indicates they are satisfied with the results. TweakUI allows you to change the number of custom Folder Views that it can remember, but i think AutoSizer will give you more control.

Please post feedback if this solves your issue to let others who have the same issue know that this is a viable workaround.
Bill Gates recognizes the skills... so i suggest you start there and recognize them too...
:: digital.ronin ::

| MCP - ID 5646435, other certifications pending... |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users