Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hp Aio C7280 & Vista Problem?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 glfgryhwk

glfgryhwk

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 07 March 2008 - 02:28 PM

I have an HP C7280 connected wirelessly to my Dell PC running Windows Vista Home Premium. I can print but can't scan. It does not allow me to start the HP Solution Center - "No HP Device Connected". One suggested fix by HP is to place certain programs in the allow list under Norton Internet Security options program launch control. One program is 'hpqthb08.exe'. However, that program is not on my PC. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software several times and the program is not there. Any suggestions. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:08 AM

According to HP, that file should be here:

%programfiles%\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqthb08.exe7

Check it out. Otherwise, if it is a new purchase, call HP back and don't let go til they have done something more.

Good luck.

DR

#3 glfgryhwk

glfgryhwk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2008 - 01:57 PM

Thanks. I have searched everywhere on my PC. One of the good things about Vista is its search function. Every bit of data is indexed. I'll call agian. They have supposedly excalated my issue for a return call but I have never received one. I just think the 2-way wireless scanning is not capable with Vista and HP.

#4 glfgryhwk

glfgryhwk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2008 - 03:20 PM

I just received a call back from HP about the C7280. The tech rep talked me through a fix and now I can scan wirelessly. He stated the 'hpqthb08' program is old and shouldn't be in the list for Vista users. That's why its not on my PC. Its unfortunate that the first level of tech support is not more helpful. It was not a complicated fix. It just required me to able to configure the printer port. This guy was very knowledgeable. All is well again with HP.

#5 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2008 - 03:29 PM

Good going! :thumbsup:

DR

#6 elsolo21

elsolo21

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2008 - 07:46 PM

I just received a call back from HP about the C7280. The tech rep talked me through a fix and now I can scan wirelessly. He stated the 'hpqthb08' program is old and shouldn't be in the list for Vista users. That's why its not on my PC. Its unfortunate that the first level of tech support is not more helpful. It was not a complicated fix. It just required me to able to configure the printer port. This guy was very knowledgeable. All is well again with HP.

Could you let me know what they had you do to configure the printer port? I'm having the same problems with my c7280 (and with the lack of support).

thanks,
-Eric

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users