Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help deleteing somethng i shoulnt have

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lumsden2525

lumsden2525

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 15 March 2005 - 07:51 PM

hi whenever i start up my computer this box comes up saying

imwireup.exe-unable to locate componet

This application failed to start because commcoss.dll was not found. Re-installing this application may fix the problem.

now i know im not supposed to have imwireup.exe as it is a form of adware but i dont know how to get rid of it can someone help me?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2005 - 08:39 PM

Hi lumsden2525 and welcome to BC

Can you let us know what your operating system is and if you know what you did that caused you to get this error?

Are you comfortable editing the registry?

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 lumsden2525

lumsden2525
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2005 - 12:27 AM

i got someone i know to help me but thanks anyways and i did have to edit the registry too. as for your questions though i use xp and have no idea how i had this problem.

#4 PureTragedy

PureTragedy

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 02 April 2005 - 02:07 AM

im having this problem too.. please help!! :thumbsup:
puretragedy112 at hotmail dot com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users