Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Services.exe - Application Error. The Application Failed To Initialize (0xc0000005).

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ladyleo1971

ladyleo1971

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 07 March 2008 - 12:05 PM

I was brought a machine the other day from a friend who got it from a house she was cleaning...so of course there is no telling why they left it behind as it is souped up with all the fans, lights, and amd EP-8KHA motherboard with the counter on it...which when I first loaded it..it took forever the boot screens came up then the wonderful....Services.exe - Application Error. The application failed to initialize (0xc0000005). came up. I went through the prompts of ending it...then 20 mins or so later windows finely loaded but the start menu was gone....at first the whole desktop was just the blue screen but my patients in letting it load I finely had icons but still no start menu...I found that someone had removed nortan...so there is no anti-virus on it....well I tried to load AVG on a CD that I burned off my PC and load it...along with Spy-bot, ad-aware SE, and a few other programs to see if I could get some of the tried but true to repair any virus, malware and such off. Well to no avail did any of the programs load...so I had noticed that when I tried going into user accounts to see if this account had admin. privileges the user accounts never loaded. Doing some investigating I found on Microsoft that I could make another account with admin privileges and that it should load....NOPE....I got the account created but when I tried to log into it no windows just a blank screen...Ctrl.Alt.Delete. brings up the task manager on network I see that it says that the INTERNET is running...but I cant get on-line to download any diagnostic programs....no on-line period...just one very very slow machine that likes to shut down and start over if most of any programs are tried to start... :flowers: I have the case open so I can see what code the motherboard sends out and it is FF...upon reading some things about that code I have found that is like a code of death for the motherboard....but...I did watch the counter as the machine restarts and it reads numbers all the way up to windows loading then I get the FF code....upon each reboot I still get...Services.exe - Application Error. The application failed to initialize (0xc0000005). this is the only error it throws...I got into administrative tools but on each tool it says..Services Unable to open control manager database on. Error 1307: This security ID may not be assigned as the owner of this object. When I try and open the event viewer I get...Unable to complete the operation on "Application" The RPC server is unavialble... So, now I'm lost. I have no idea where to go from here. Since they apparently had Norton on here I have download a Norton trial on CD and going to see if I can get that installed.... :thumbsup: I tried to load Hijack this on CD and put it on there...NOPE...I tried the windows boot Cd's from mirosoft....nope...not reading the floppy no lights no sound no nothing...I don't have a windows xp pro disk so I cant try that....I did notice that some fool turned of the restore. So that option is out the window...I am hoping that maybe someone can give me another option to try...as I have all day and willing to try just about anything to see if I can repair this machine..If more info is needed please let me know...as I will keep logged in and checking back....all day.. I am going to try and load Norton's trial version as I'm not using Norton myself, so I'm not going to pay for the full version just to find out it wont load....I will update this post if I come across a new error message or with a soultion...
Thanks for your time,
LadyLeo1971
"When you're chewing on life's gristle
Don't grumble, give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best...
And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life."

Monty Python's Life of Brian

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 07 March 2008 - 12:51 PM

Well...it seems to me (I may be misreading) but that system belonged to a unnamed 3d party, which had the operating license.

If I had found such system, the first thing I would have done is wipe it clean (because I don't like using someone else's data which they've decided to trash) and to give myself a good start at seeing if the system worked properly.

Then I would have done a clean install.

That's the only way that I know how to go from a series of unknowns...to a known good, working system.

Worst case scenario: The system is highly infected.

Best case scenario: The system has O/S or malware problems or a combination thereof.

Louis

#3 ladyleo1971

ladyleo1971
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2008 - 01:13 PM

Yes I agree, but I only have one copy of Windows XP Home, which is loaded on my daughters pc...so I don't even know if it will do my any good as I have already registered hers... I have no idea how to erase the hard drive with out a Boot able floppy...and the floppy on this thing does not work...then I have all the drivers that I have no clue what they are. So I don't know if this will only make matters worse....I called the girl and told her I think its just turned into a big paperweight....as I know that she will not pay me for even trying to fix this thing...she didn't pay me for fixing hers....so...

Upon trying to install Norton trial version I got had to admin to install...yeah...cant get into admin....any ideas if I delete this guys account if it will automatically load in admin?

I got advance windows cleaner from iobit to download, but the machine rebooted so I don't know if they whole thing downloaded.
I tried to run the spy-bot search and destroy that apparently did download but it said that I had to update the definitions file...it wont let me....oh joy...
I is rebooting...we will see if it loaded the iobit program...in about 30mins...oh joy....

#4 ladyleo1971

ladyleo1971
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2008 - 03:40 PM

Ok, nothing just can not load this application need admin account. I know that I may just being to doing this for nothing..BUT I will not go down with out a fight...I really would like to solve this kernumdrum....

#5 ladyleo1971

ladyleo1971
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:48 AM

I had a Ubuntu disk and tried to at least get a browser up so I maybe able to download as I cannot download from disk, each time I try it says you have to be the administrator. I tried once again to get in the computer management last night, nope it says I don't have administrator privileges. OK, here is my question.

If this account is the only one on here and it does not have administrator privileges then how do I get to the actual administrator account? I already tried making my own and it let me create it...but it comes up with an empty screen and this morning it will not even load it switches back over to this account.

Any suggestions?

#6 ladyleo1971

ladyleo1971
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2008 - 04:28 PM

I am going over to the virius topic I think im dealing with a virius....will be posting my current findings per all programs and errors, all programs that can be ran and the log file(hand typed ofcourse..no floppy, half internet connection, and no burner). Thanks for the suggestions so far.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users