Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Reader

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ptts52

ptts52

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:23 AM

:trumpet: you have it mates its driving me nuts,error1714,the older version of adobe reader 8 cannot be removed, I am
trying to download adobe reader 8.1.2.0.I no some bright spark can help me and it would be appreciated!
change my outlook fromthis :flowers: to this :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,276 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:20 AM

I ran into this one also, which is why I removed Adobe everything and use Foxit Reader now.

Two ways that I approached this:

a. Adobe has installed so many files in so many places...that it has begun to rank right up there with QT on my hate list :thumbsup:.

b. To remove all of those files, I can

1. Use jv16 PowerTools, a program I purchased years ago, to remove all files and reg entries that have "Adobe" in them.

2. Manually use regedit to search for and remove all registry files with "Adobe" in them AND manually remove all files/folders which are even remotely linked to Adobe...being mindful that Adobe Flash can always be installed later (with a more current version).

I don't use CCleaner, but I believe that it is what I might suggest for the average person to use to remove Adobe (or any other) junk files. Someone will come along to clarify my belief.

There are other "uninstallers" that do the job, but I have no experience with them.

Louis

#3 M...

M...

• Members
  • 386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:40 AM

Hello ptts52,

Instructions from Adobe -- I think you may want to try "Solution 4":

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewConten...ternalId=320310

See also:

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Error-1714-...ed-t125808.html

and:

http://www.pdfstore.com/reader_faq.asp#error1714

#4 grap6b

grap6b

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 07 March 2008 - 04:06 PM

Download the software total uninstall pro from the internet. It will have 30 days trail period. Then uninstall adobe's previous version using this software. Hopefully your problem will be solved.

#5 ptts52

ptts52
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 08 March 2008 - 01:43 PM

thanks for the replys most appp :thumbsup: reciated!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users