Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Free Norton Antibot Serial Number

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kiran India

Kiran India

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:17 AM

to get your one years free norton antibot follow these instructions closely.

first visit https://emea.norton.com/local/de/press/antibot/Antibot to get norton antibot serial number. enter your email address, check the box for "ich akzeptiere" and click the button that says "gratis produktschlüssel anfordern"

check your email, if required check the bul folder. you should have got an email from norton with the serial number.

http://spftrl.digitalriver.com/pub/symante...setup_en_US.exeDownload norton antibot and install

run norton antibot after installing, press the "enter product key" button and enter the serial number that you got from the email. caution: you must have an active internet connection when entering the serial number. after entering the serial number, you'll get a message that says "product key has been updated". register and enter norton antibot serial number. now you'll see that your norton antibot has a subscription of 366 days!

when norton antibot is sitting at the windows tray, it doesn't take up much memory. if you're wondering why is symantec giving out free norton antibot serial number, well, actually this free license is meant for people who bought the a particular computer magazine, you can reap the benefits too

Bye

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 07 March 2008 - 12:54 PM

well, actually this free license is meant for people who bought the a particular computer magazine,

So, no where in those German instructions does it say you admit to committing fraud and can be held liable if you have not followed the rules? That may have been set forth in the presumably German magazine I didn't read since I'm in the US and we are not a huge German magazine outlet country. You're sure of this, and why you posted this? Because I have this annoying habit of liking to know, comprehend and have full disclosure of what it is I'm clicking and identifying myself to and can be held accountable for.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Yourhighness

Yourhighness

The BSG Malware Fighter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,943 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 AM

Posted 07 March 2008 - 02:11 PM

Hi Animal,

for what its worth - "ComputerBild" is a fairly big Computer magazine in Germany. It belongs to the big and I guess well known "Axel Springer Verlag."

Its a legit offer, but considering its Norton, I wont touch it :flowers:. The ToS basically say that you give your Email, you get a key and they send you Norton "spam" advertising :thumbsup:. Hope that helps. The BCs very own BSG :trumpet:

Edited by Yourhighness, 07 March 2008 - 02:12 PM.

"How did I get infected?" - "Safe-hex" - Member of UNITE -
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users