Hello rhinorex and welcome to BC
The message you are getting is caused by the fact the registry is telling the computer, "Start this program" and the computer says, "It's not there." In this case that is a good thing because the file is a baddie.
To resolve this, download Autoruns
, search for the related entry and then delete it.
- Create a new folder on your hard drive called AutoRuns (C:\AutoRuns) and extract (unzip) the file there. (click here if you're not sure how to do this.)
- Open the folder and double-click on autoruns.exe to launch it.
- Please be patient as it scans and populates the entries.
- When done scanning, it will say Ready at the bottom.
- Scroll through the list and look for a startup entry related to the file(s) in the error message.
- Right-click on the entry and choose delete.
- Reboot your computer and see if the startup error returns.
It is possible that there is other bad stuff lurking on your computer. I'm assuming you are running a version of windows. I would like you to run a scan with SUPERAntiSpyware in Safe Mode
. You will, of course, install it in Normal Mode. You may wish to print out these directions or copy them to notepad to have available when you are in Safe Mode.
Download and install SUPERAntiSpyware free found here: SUPERAntiSpyware
Be sure to click on the download button to the left, not on the free trial download on the right.
Install it and double-click the icon on your desktop to run it.
· It will ask if you want to update the program definitions, click Yes
· Under Configuration
, click the Preferences
· Click the Scanning Control
· Under Scanner Options
make sure the following are checked:
- Close browsers before scanning
- Scan for tracking cookies
- Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
o Please leave the others unchecked.
o Click the Close
button to leave the control center screen.
Reboot into Safe Mode
· On the main screen, under Scan for Harmful Software
click Scan your computer
· On the left check C:\Fixed Drive
· On the right, under Complete Scan
, choose Perform Complete Scan
· Click Next
to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
· After the scan is complete a summary box will appear. Click OK
· Make sure everything in the white box has a check next to it, then click Next
· It will quarantine what it found and if it asks if you want to reboot, click Yes
Reboot into Normal Mode
· To retrieve the removal information for me please do the following:
o After reboot, double-click the SUPERAntispyware icon on your desktop.
o Click Preferences
. Click the Statistics/Logs
o Under Scanner Logs
, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
o It will open in your default text editor (such as Notepad/Wordpad).
o Please highlight everything in the notepad, then right-click and choose copy.
· Click close and close again to exit the program.
In your next reply please
- let us know what your operating system is: Windows XP, Vista, etc.
- tell us by name what security programs you have installed
- let us know if running Autoruns took care of the message issue and
- post the SUPERAntiSpyware log.