Hello Dogfingers and welcome.
Start here: Remove any of these items IF
they exist. If not that's OK.
Start...Settings ... Control Panel ..Add /Remove Programs
Click on any that are there, then Select it and click Remove.Messenger Plus! Live & Sponsor (CiD)
Download Plugin for Internet Explorer
If you are asked for a Verification code, please enter the numbers that appear in the window. Important!
When done, be sure to reboot your computer.
If none of these programs were listed, then continue with the next step.
Please download NoLop
and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1
alternate download link 2
--If you receive an error: "mscomctl.ocx or one of its dependencies are not correctly registered", please download mscomctl.ocx to your system32 folder then rerun NoLop.
- First close any other programs you have running as this will require a reboot.
- Double click NoLop.exe to run it.
- Now click the button labeled "Search and Destroy"
- When scanning is finished you will be prompted to reboot only if infected. Click OK.
- Now click the "REBOOT" button.
- A Message should popup from NoLop. If not, double click the program again and it will finish.
- Please post the contents of C:\NoLop.log in your next reply.
Lastly Please run the Vundofix
tool in our TutorialHow To Remove Vundo/Winfixer InfectionRun As Administrator
if this is a Vista machine.
After running VundoFix, a text file named vundofix.txt
will have automatically been saved to the root of the system drive, usually at C:\vundofix.txt
. Please copy & paste the contents of that text file into your next reply
Edited by boopme, 07 March 2008 - 02:11 PM.