Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ms Office Ctfmon

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:48 PM

I have been using office 2003 for a couple of years since doing some spreadsheet work, have always just done a custom install with typical of word, excell, power point etc

Ctfmon.exe activates the Alternative User Input Text Input Processor (TIP) and the Microsoft Office Language Bar. Ctfmon.exe monitors the active windows and provides text input service support for speech recognition, handwriting recognition, keyboard, translation, and other alternative user input technologies.

It's never come up on my system, seems to stay in my system, I do use msconfig to kill the general office startup

Some people complain the controlled features are loaded at startup? and hog system resources?

about as clear as mud?

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  • Local time:02:45 PM

Posted 07 March 2008 - 01:27 AM

ctfmon.exe irked me to no end. Eventually, I just removed it and prevented it from being installed on future reinstallations. Seems kind of pointless to have if all I'm going to do is type (not talk or scribble) my input.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users