Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Quick Time Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JazzMahn

JazzMahn

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:46 PM

I am running a home built Vista Ultimate Machine. It has two gigs of Ram and 750 gigs of hard drive space over three drives. It has worked perfectly but I have encountered a problem that I can seem to remedy. I want to be able to use Quick Time but when I click on the viewer it comes up with a message Error 46 cannot load or find Quick Time Active X Control.

I've looked all over the net and see that others have had this problem but have not found a really good way to coorect it. I've tried several suggestions but they just don't work.

I'm hoping somebody else has had this problem and has an idea how I can correct it.

Thanks in advance for all of your ideas.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JazzMahn

JazzMahn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 06 March 2008 - 09:04 PM

Forgot to mention that I also have I Tunes and it is working properly. I checked to see if it needed to be updated and it says I have the most current version. Hopes this helps someone. Driving me crazy.

#3 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 06 March 2008 - 09:53 PM

http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/02/09/528963.aspx

according to this blog vista is protecting you from bad activex helpers?

did you install the quick time in run as administrator?
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users