Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello I'm New To This

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gmr698

gmr698

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:15 PM

How do I determine what is good and what is bad spyware or grayware?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 david28

david28

Forum Member

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 07 March 2008 - 12:24 AM

Hello gmr698, and :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer! :flowers:

HijackThis, otherwise known as HJT is an advanced tool for removal of malware. If used by an in-unexperienced person, it can lead to serious system damage. So, if you would like to have a HJT log analyzed by one of our HJT Team members, I recommend posting it in the HJT Logs and Malware Removal forum.

How do I determine what is good and what is bad spyware or grayware?

Regarding this, if YOU wanted to learn how to analyze HJT logs and remove malware, then I suggest that you check out the Bleeping Computer Malware Training School Admissions page to apply for malware removal training. Once you apply (at the moment there are none open but keep checking regularly as this will change :inlove:), you will become a HJT Trainee and you will learn all about different types of malware and how to remove them etc. Then, once you get promoted again, you become a HJT Senior Classmen where you start helping real people with their malware problems under the guidance of a HJT Team Coach, then after that, you become a HJT Team member. If one were to complete the training, they will find it is a very rewarding experience and will help them pursue a career in the IT area if they choose to or have not already done so.

I hope this information has helped you. :trumpet:

Regards,
David.

#3 The Lynx

The Lynx

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 07 March 2008 - 12:09 PM

Hi there, thanks for that. I'm also a new member nd posted on the HJT forum, but havent gotten a reply yet! Is the training programme open yet cos it seems there is need for more guys to help out with interpretation of the HJT Logs. Thanks

#4 david28

david28

Forum Member

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 08 March 2008 - 12:00 AM

I'm also a new member nd posted on the HJT forum, but havent gotten a reply yet!

Yes the HJT Team are currently extremely busy right now because they have a very large amount of logs to be analyzed. That is why you havent got a reply yet, but, if after five days you still haven't got a reply then please post it here.

Is the training programme open yet cos it seems there is need for more guys to help out with interpretation of the HJT Logs.

Sorry, as of writing, there are no available positions. Make sure that you keep checking regularly as they may be availably soon. (To check, head to http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/admissions/ I recommend that you bookmark this. :thumbsup: )

Regards,
David.

Edited by david28, 08 March 2008 - 12:01 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users