Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Myway.mywebsearch Keeps Coming Back In Registry

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 iron114

iron114

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 AM

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:01 PM

I was getting a popup saying I was infected with spyware and should download "System Defender". I was pretty sure it was a scam and didn't fall for it. Spybot Search and Destroy shows MyWay.MyWebSearch and Doubleclick as spyware in my registry but they keep coming back after being "fixed". I've also run Windows Defender and Lavasoft Ad-Aware but neither one of those find anything. I tried manually deleting the entry but it just comes back. Here is the Hijackthis log file. Thanks.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 PM

Posted 24 March 2008 - 05:12 PM

As you can probably see our HijackThis Team is incredibly busy at the moment, but I apologise for the delay you have experienced. If you are still having problems please post a brand new HijackThis log as a reply to this topic. Before posting the log, please make sure you follow all the steps found in this topic:
Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A HijackThis Log
Thanks,
Charles

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users