Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"invalid E Mail Address"

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 merellogalasso

merellogalasso

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 AM

Posted 06 March 2008 - 03:49 PM

IA CANNOT CONTACT WITH BLEEPINGCOMPUTER, BECAUSE THE PAGE INSITS TAHT THE E MAIL ADDRESS WHERE I AM RECEIVING THE MESSAGES FROM BLEEPINGCOMPUTE IS NOT VALID.

I NEED TO STOP RECEVING NOTIFICATION MESSAGES WHEN A NEW TOPIC HAS BEEN RECEIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THA MATTER IS UHCEKCD SINCE A POGNWHILE!!!!!!! MANY THANKS. PLEASE FIX THAT MOST UNCONVENIENT REJECTING OF E MAIL ADDRESSES.

MOD EDIT: Added subtitle for clarification. ~ OB

Edited by Orange Blossom, 23 March 2008 - 04:28 PM.

"There are atoms and vacuum; the rest is opinion"
(Democritus, several centuries before Hume and Kant)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 09 March 2008 - 08:24 AM

Which email address is it that you are having trouble with specifically? No one else has complained about a problem, so if there is one, we would like to fix it.

Have you tried this?
How To Unsubscribe From A Topic.

#3 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2008 - 03:53 PM

My usual and universally accepted Many thanks.

Edited by merellogalasso, 22 March 2008 - 10:00 PM.

#4 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2008 - 04:31 PM

The most funny issue is to that e mail address are successfully sent your messages, but I cannot fulfill a contact with you because the web rejects my e mail address written above. I DO NOT USE OR OPEN ANY OTHER ONE. Many thanks.

#5 david28

david28

Forum Member

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 PM

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:52 PM

You can't reply to the e-mail that sends you Topic and Forum updates.

Regards,
David.

#6 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2008 - 10:05 PM

I haven't say that. I am saying that my address is being rejected when I try to contact Bleeping C. saying that's an invalid e mail address in circumstances that I receive all Bleeping C messages to that address without any trouble, and that is a commercial e mail address (paid) from the biggest server here arrounbd that I use worldwide. I perfectly know that messages cannot be replied to themselves. Kind regards and many thanks.

#7 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2008 - 10:08 PM

I would like to ask Grovicus what does have to do to unsubscribe to a forus with the trouble that I have with my e mail address? Many thanks. Regards.

#8 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,962 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 AM

Posted 23 March 2008 - 03:48 PM

Hello merellogalasso,

How are you trying to contact BC? What are you doing? From what you say, it appears that you are using your regular e-mail account.

In order to contact a specific member, moderator, etc. of BC, we use the Private Message system. You can read how to do this here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/33018/how-to-use-and-send-personal-messages/

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#9 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2008 - 03:56 PM

Hello, OrangeBlosssom. Well I tried twice to contact with BC throught the normal contact link, filling all the spaces and the system returned me the message saying that I needed a "valid" e mail address. Can it be more clear? Many, many thanks.

#10 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,962 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2008 - 04:27 PM

Hello merellogalasso,

Ah, now I know what you are talking about. I had to search the forum to find the Contact Us form. I didn't know it existed and consequently have never used it, so I'm afraid I cannot assist you with that particular issue. To contact specific members, site administrators etc., I use the private messaging system as I stated in my previous post.

would like to ask Grovicus what does have to do to unsubscribe to a forus with the trouble that I have with my e mail address? Many thanks. Regards.

In order to unsubscribe to a Forum please follow the directions here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/33015/how-to-unsubscribe-from-a-forum/ <-- This link goes to a topic.

In order to unsubscribe to a Topic please follow the directions here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/33014/how-to-unsubscribe-from-a-topic/ <-- This link also goes to a topic.

You may wish to read the topics in the New User Orientation here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/82/new-user-orientation/ <-- This link goes to a forum.

I hope this helps,

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#11 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 23 March 2008 - 06:13 PM

is THIS the contact us link to which you are referring, which, as I have just tried it , is available when logged in or out Contact us link

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/contactus.php
(Ps it is at the very bottom of the forum page )

Edited by ruby1, 23 March 2008 - 06:14 PM.

#12 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2008 - 06:59 PM

This answer of you is really funny. The trouble is with my address (the same that receives your own messages), not with the link!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Many thanks, Kind regards.

#13 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2008 - 07:10 PM

Hi merellogalasso,

I was successful sending a message using the contact us link. If you wish for me to try the link, using your email address, I will be happy to test it. Just PM it to me.

As an alternate, you could PM the board admin Grinler. I believe he receives this email.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#14 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2008 - 07:50 PM

In this moment I do not wish to do that. I tried already twice, to communicate with you through the link and twice I received a rejection of my e mail address saying that's "invalid". I thank you, and everybody trying to help me and I advice not to try with your addresses but try to fix what's going on with mine. It functions for my whole hard internet and e mail doing everyday worldwide. It's a paid account of the biggest company here arround. And, specially, this is the address where I have received the many messages from you that I receive everyday including this last from you. Most kind regards and thanks.

#15 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,962 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2008 - 08:28 PM

Hello merellogalasso,

I think we are having a communication problem here. So, let's go over some things again and see if we can straighten things out.

1) You tried twice to use the Contact Us form and it says that your e-mail address is not valid.

2) You have no other problems with your e-mail address.

3) Rigel tested the Contact Us form using his/her e-mail address, and there was no problem.

Which leaves the question: Why does the Contact Us form not work with your e-mail address?

In order to find out, some things need to be tested. Rigel has offered to test the form again using YOUR e-mail address to see exactly what happens. Is it a problem with the form? If Rigel has no problems using the form with your e-mail address, then we know the problem is with neither the form OR your e-mail address but something else. If it doesn't work, maybe the form doesn't recognize e-mail addresses from that area, maybe it's something else with the form and Grinler will know that he needs to do something to fix that problem.

Rigel also gave you an alternative. You could send a Private Message to Grinler and explain your e-mail problem with the Contact Us form. Note that the Private Message system is NOT the same as using the Contact Us form and does not use your e-mail address. I provided a link in post 8 that provides directions for using the Private Message system.

I hope this clarifies matters.

Orange Blossom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users