Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems With Scrolling Up And Down

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chillie0001

chillie0001

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 06 March 2008 - 11:01 AM

:thumbsup: Following a total reset of our computer due to problems encounterd installing broadband we are now faced with very annoying jumps and judders as we try and use the scroll up and down on the mouse. When using the wheel on the mouse instead of a smooth action which moves the text/picture/screen content up or down a line decends or ascends horizontally across the screen and the screen content jumps up or downs several lines. It makes trying to veiw or read any document very annoying. I have tried looking in the mouse function in control pannel but options available don't allow me to change anything. Has the computer person who has attempted to remove a problem associated with usb input ports removed some software and more importantly before we throw the damed thing in the bin can it be put back to normal. Please type very slowly and simply because I'm a total dim wit when it comes to computers
Thanks
Chillie0005

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 09 March 2008 - 12:26 PM

Hi and welcomPosted Image

you do not mention what your windows version is, what the broadband instalation hiccough and reset required entailed?

how old is the computer and who is the 'technician' dealing with it' ? a family friend or a local tech guy?

my windows 98se mouse controlls allow me to adapt most anything so I wonder if somehow sumunt has got gunged up?
one other point, is the mouse wired or wireless and does it have a mouse ball in it that might need cleaning Posted Image

#3 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 10 March 2008 - 10:05 PM

You will need to post the specs of your PC, it sounds like there is no video card driver installed.
MCP
MSDST

#4 Aryan

Aryan

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 12 March 2008 - 02:23 AM

1st send all the detail of ur computer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users