Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spybot Search & Destroy - New Version Released 1.5.2

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Adii

Adii

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 06 March 2008 - 01:46 AM

Safer-Networking has been released new version of Spybot Search & Destroy with new feature of URL Blocker.

You can get it from here: http://www.download.com/Spybot-Search-Dest...4-10122137.html

You can find more detail at: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/news/index.html

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 skyfuser

skyfuser

• Members
  • 470 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 06 March 2008 - 02:11 AM

Wow. I've been on 2 hours ago and I didn't see that coming...
And sorry to sound like an idiot... but I don't see the URL Blocker beeing mentioned anywhere >_<
Would you be referring to the File Shredder? I'm pretty sure that's a new application...

Edited by skyfuser, 06 March 2008 - 02:26 AM.

"If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way." - Bertrand Russell

#3 Adii

Adii
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2008 - 02:52 AM

Yes! You can read more here (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/news/index.html ) what they newly added in this new version.
URL Blocker is new feature, When you try to open spyware/adware or any molicious URL it prompt to allow or block that URL. Its really a nice feature.!!

#4 skyfuser

skyfuser

• Members
  • 470 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 06 March 2008 - 02:58 AM

...Oh. Haha, apologies. I guess I misunderstood you. I misinterpreted the URL Blocker as one of those "Restricted Sites" recorders.
I don't think it's new because ever since I spent all of winter break last year fixing my other computer (-.-*) I've had Spybot. The older version 1.4 had the feature too.

Edited by skyfuser, 06 March 2008 - 02:59 AM.

"If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way." - Bertrand Russell

#5 Adii

Adii
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2008 - 05:12 AM

Yes but there are new inhancements in this new version.!

keep reading..!!

#6 beccajane

beccajane

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 06 March 2008 - 09:37 AM

Thanks for the info! Just updated today myself ;)

#7 david28

david28

Forum Member

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 07 March 2008 - 12:30 AM

Wasn't File Shredder already with Spybot? :thumbsup:

#8 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,112 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2008 - 02:15 PM

Yes, the file shredder was a part of Spybot in version 1.3 and possibly before. They removed it in version 1.4

many users wanted the file shredder back

from here: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html so in version 1.5, the file shredder is back at user request and is now a separate element.

Note: The bad URL blocker has been a part of Spybot since at least version 1.3 . It was available in the Advanced Mode. I've always enabled it since I first installed Spybot in 2003.

Also, it is wise to navigate to the dowload site from the link I quoted from to be sure you have the most recent and the authentic Spybot.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users