Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Express Is Not Opening Messages

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bone Idol

Bone Idol

• Members
  • 393 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 05 March 2008 - 11:19 PM

Hi all.

My Outlook Express is receiving messages, but doesn't show them until I click the Send/Rec button on the toolbar.

How can I get the messages to show without me needing to do this?

Thanks for any help.

Mod Edit: Topic moved to more appropriate forum~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 05 March 2008 - 11:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 06 March 2008 - 02:15 PM

Hi Bone Idol.
It's been a very long time since i've used OE but is it set to go directly to your inbox folder on startup? (Tools>Options>General Tab). It would also need to be set as your default mail handler if I remember correctly.

#3 Bone Idol

Bone Idol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 393 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:29 PM

Thanks for your reply, hitsquad, but my problem seems to have corrected itself. Unfortunately I don't know how it quite did this. All the settings look the same as when it wasn't working - so I'm none the wiser if this problem should reappear again in future.

I have 'Pop Peeper' the email alerter set to notify me of any new email - and it's also set to automatically open up my email client upon the arrival of new messages.

I have two email addresses - one of which I have set to automatically forward my mail on to the other one. Neither of these is Outlook Express - but for some reason 'Pop Peeper' opens the Outlook Express email client as a third alternative to what I normally use.

But as for now - so far so good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users