Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Does Anyone Know How To Remove The Backdoor.ranky Virus?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ALKO

ALKO

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 05 March 2008 - 09:02 PM

my computer was infected with this Backdoor.ranky virus and norton tells me that i have to manually remove it but i don't know how.....................does anyone know how to remove this virus?????????????

P.s. ive posted this in another section and i think it was in the wrong place so im posting it here as well

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 powerjuce

powerjuce

• Members
  • 321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 05 March 2008 - 09:12 PM

try this
malwarebytes antivirus

#3 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 05 March 2008 - 09:17 PM

Hi ALKO, here is the removal process supplied by Symantec. http://www.symantec.com/security_response/...-99&tabid=3

I just saw that you have posted in the hickjackthis section... so ignore what I have written. (sorry admins I missed the last line.)

Edited by Monty007, 05 March 2008 - 09:21 PM.

MCP
MSDST

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,854 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 06 March 2008 - 02:11 AM

Hello ALKO and welcome to BC :flowers:

It confuses things when you post duplicate topics. If you find you have misposted something, please send a private message to a moderator and we will be happy to move it for you.

Monty007, ALKO doesn't have an HJT log posted.

ALKO: In order to provide you with proper disinfection instructions, we need to know more information.

What is your operating system: Windows XP, Vista, etc.?

Besides Norton, what other security programs do you have installed?

NOTE WELL: If by chance you are following the directions in the link Monty007 provided, DO NOT turn off system restore. If you have already done so, please turn it back on. It is better to have an infected workable state to return to than not have that option if something gets badly messed up. Here at BC we flush the restore points AFTER the infection has been removed.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users