Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Talk to your TV

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 15 March 2005 - 01:48 PM

Opera Software Announces Voice-Enabled Home Media Technology with IBM® Embedded ViaVoice Oslo, Norway - February 21, 2005 Opera Software ASA today announced their voice-enabled Electronic Program Guide (EPG) for home media, introducing home entertainment users across the globe to the future of human-computer interaction. The voice-enabled EPG is a significant breakthrough in the effort to enhance the customer experience. Finally, there is an easier way for people to interact with their DVD players, DVRs and digital TV set top boxes without having to negotiate an array of remote controls.
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Lobos

Lobos

• Members
  • 317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 AM

Posted 15 March 2005 - 06:31 PM

wow nice i guess they are making people lazier and lazier you don't even need to do the fingeer workout.
Lol
<span style='color:blue'>Ad-Aware SE</span> | Spybot S&D 1.4

For extra protection try spyware blaster

<span style='color:blue'>If you use IE I suggest using these two programs</span> MVPHosts & IE-SPYAD

#3 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2005 - 08:44 PM

That sounds like a great innovation. I have a neighbour who is a quadrapelegic that would love to have that.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#4 twinsdad

twinsdad

• Members
  • 411 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2005 - 11:41 AM

This is very scary. I do not want my gizmos, especially this bleeping computer, to hear what I say about them. :thumbsup: Nor, I suppose, do I want to hear what they are saying about me :flowers:
"Love to eat them mousies, mousies what I like to eat; bite they little heads off, nibble on they tiny feet". B. Kliban

#5 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 16 March 2005 - 09:22 PM

WOW! All I have progressed to is talking to my WMP. :thumbsup: Well, at least it doesn't talk back to me... yet :flowers:

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#6 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 16 March 2005 - 11:58 PM

LOL this is great!
I already can do everything on my pc by voice activated software but now my tv,vcr,dvd player and cable box??!!!
How many shiny pennies this going to cost me?

Edited by cowsgonemadd3, 17 March 2005 - 12:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users