One of the most important tasks for using BC is to learn how to create a new topic in the forums. If you have a question in which you need help with, some interesting news to share, or would just like to chat about a new subject, then you must create a topic to do so. Please note that you must be logged in as a registered member in order to create a new topic. To create a free account go here:
It is also possible that your question may have already been asked. If so it may save you time by searching for information that pertains to your question. More information about how to use the search features of this can be found here:
How to search the site
Please follow these steps in order to create a new topic:
Your topic will now be added to the forum you created it in. Please be patient as it may take some time before someone responds to you.
- The forums are broken up into various categories. Go to the Forums and then click on the link for the category that most closely matches your question.
- When you click on the category link you will be presented with a list of the topics in that category. To start the topic creation process click on the button at the top of the topic listing.
- When you click on the button you will be presented with a new screen. In this screen you want to fill in the following information:
- For the Topic Title enter a title that is descriptive of the problem or question that you have. For example, do not write something like "I need Help!!", instead write "I cant shut down my computer". These descriptive titles will allow people to help you better by knowing the specific problem that you are having.
- In the Topic Description you can leave further information you would like to appear near the title.
- In the message body, the large text area, type in a detail description of your problem. The more detail you provide to us, the quicker we can resolve your problems.
- Put a checkmark in the checkbox labeled Enable email notifications of replies so that you will get an email when someone replies to your topic.
- When you are satisfied with all the information click on the Preview Post button to see how the post will appear to everyone else.
- If the post looks the way you want it, click on the Post New Topic button.
For more information and answers to commonly asked questions on this site visit the New User Orientation Center.