Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Options>tracj This Topic>no E-mail Notification...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Juha

Juha

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 AM

Posted 05 March 2008 - 09:19 AM

When reading a topic and on the top right of the screen you click Options>Track this topic>No E-mail Notification... Where do I click in order to find the topic later. I haven't been able to locate topics that I have chosen this option for.

Thanks,
Juha

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 05 March 2008 - 09:21 AM

At the top middle of every forum page is a toggle My Topics. This should show you all topics that you have posted to on the forums.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#3 Juha

Juha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2008 - 11:04 AM

'My Topic' only displays topics that I have either started or participated in. I don't think it displays topics of interest which I intend to follow and clicked Option>Track this Topic>No E-mail Notification... This is actually what it says No E-mail Notification:

"This option will not send out any email notification but will retain the topic or forum in your subscriptions panel".

Maybe it's me that can't see things

Edited by Juha, 05 March 2008 - 11:10 AM.

#4 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA

Posted 05 March 2008 - 11:20 AM

OK, if you haven't participated in a topic, then you will have to chose either "Track this Topic" or Subscribe to this Forum" under the "Option" tab in the upper right hand corner of the thread.
You'll then be given the choice of type of notification.

If this is not working for you in your browser, then you need to clear your history and cookies.

In your "My Controls" panel is where you should find the topics and forums that you have subscribed to.

Edited by KoanYorel, 05 March 2008 - 11:22 AM.

The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#5 Juha

Juha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2008 - 11:48 AM

I normally don't subscribe to the whole forum- only a particular topic, therefore I select Options>Track this Topic>Daily E-mail Digest for topics of interest. For this I receive an e-mail on each topic daily... But when I click 'No E-mail Notification' instead of 'Daily E-mail Digest', I don't know where to locate it. Although it say:

"This option will not send out any email notification but will retain the topic or forum in your subscriptions panel"

... there is no where to see, i.e. where is that 'subscription panel' it talks about?

Thanks

Edited by Juha, 05 March 2008 - 11:48 AM.

#6 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,911 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2008 - 05:15 PM

Hello Juha,

In order to find topics you have subscribed to, click on My Controls near the middle top of the screen. This will take you to your BC control panel. On the left hand side is a menu. The third bold entry going down is Subscriptions, and the first entry under that is Topics. Click on Topics, and you will now see the topics you have subscribed to categorized by forum.

You may also unsubscribe from topics there. To do that, put a check mark in the little boxes to the right of the topic, make sure in the box below the topics it says "Unsubscribe" then click on With Selected.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#7 Juha

Juha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:36 PM

Hi Orange Blossom,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I think you've answered my question. Can't believe how I didn't figure that out! Thank you... I can now manage things better.

Edited by Juha, 09 March 2008 - 11:36 PM.

#8 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,911 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2008 - 05:34 PM

Glad I could help Juha.

Can't believe how I didn't figure that out!

Just like I can't believe I didn't see the search link near the top of the window until a few days ago. And I've been on BC how long? :thumbsup:

Orange Blossom :flowers:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#9 Juha

Juha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2008 - 05:44 PM

lol. I guess my situation seems nothing out of the ordinary!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users