Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Difficulites Filling In Forms

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 colslass

colslass

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 05 March 2008 - 04:50 AM

hi guys - hope you can help.

Have noticed recently two problems when surfing:

firstly - clicking on bonus links within programmes will often log me out of the programme all together - I log back in and the next bonus link is fine to click on...

secondly - when filling in forms if I use the tab key to move to a new line a completely new tab (page) is opened up - with no relevance to the programme I am trying to join and when I go back to the form and click on the tab to open it - I find that a ' ; ' has been placed at the end of the line.

If I use the enter key to move to the next box to fill in - similar thing happens.

Would appreciate your comments.... cause on this one I am clueless....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,847 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 PM

Posted 06 March 2008 - 02:52 AM

Hello colslass and welcome to BC :flowers:

In order to assist you, we need a bit more information.

What is your operating system: Windows XP, Vista, etc.

What kind of programs is this happening in? Please provide program names.

What kind of forms are you filling out and in what programs? Please provide program names.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 colslass

colslass
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2008 - 03:37 AM

I am running Windows XP and using firefox as my browser.

Two surf programmes causing particular problems are:

htxp://wnw.advertise4profits.com/

and htxp://wnw.mysurf4cash.com/

when I first log on and then click the button to either surf or to click on the PTC area - the programme just closes. I then reopen the programmes and click on the same links and everything is fine - I am either surfing or clicking happily.

The second problem is - if I want to join a programme - I have been looking at several advertising programmes - a blank form is pulled up for you to put in your details aka name email addy and so on.....

when I put in my name and then hit the return key or the tab key to move to the next box - a completely new tab opens up - so then I have to go and find the form amongst the tabs that I now have open and continue to fill in the form. I also find that a ; has now been added to end of the word I have just typed in - and I didnt even press the ; key! This ; problem happens with all programmes that I am trying to join.

(hope this makes sense).....

Edited by Orange Blossom, 06 March 2008 - 07:41 PM.
deactivated URL's

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,847 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2008 - 02:14 PM

Hello colslass,

Please don't post live links of this nature; change a letter or two so that it won't be live.

First let's straighten out some terms. A program is something that you run on your computer. For example: Microsoft Word, Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing.

A website is something you navigate to using a browser. Examples of browsers are Internet Explorer and Firefox. BleepingComputer.com is an example of a website. :thumbsup:

So, what you are having problems with is filling out forms on websites.

Now, I have a major concern. That is the kind of website you are filling out personal information on. In your other thread, you mentioned that you were receiving spam from yourself. This practice of filling out personal information on ad-sites could very well be the cause of that. In addition, this practice could be producing a lot of spam in other people's mailboxes. In short, I'm afraid you may have become an unwitting victim/participant in spam rings. That is not good.

At this point I would like you to run a scan with SUPERAntiSpyware in Safe Mode. You will, of course, install it in Normal Mode. You may wish to print out these instructions or copy them to notepad as you will not have internet access while in safe mode.

Download and install SUPERAntiSpyware free found here: SUPERAntiSpyware

Be sure to click on the download button to the left, not on the free trial download on the right.

Install it and double-click the icon on your desktop to run it.
It will ask if you want to update the program definitions, click Yes.
Under Configuration and Preferences, click the Preferences button.
Click the Scanning Control tab.
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked:
  • Close browsers before scanning
  • Scan for tracking cookies
  • Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
o Please leave the others unchecked.
o Click the Close button to leave the control center screen.
Reboot into Safe Mode
On the main screen, under Scan for Harmful Software click Scan your computer.
On the left check C:\Fixed Drive.
On the right, under Complete Scan, choose Perform Complete Scan.
Click Next to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
After the scan is complete a summary box will appear. Click OK.
Make sure everything in the white box has a check next to it, then click Next.
It will quarantine what it found and if it asks if you want to reboot, click Yes.
Reboot into Normal Mode
To retrieve the removal information for me please do the following:
o After reboot, double-click the SUPERAntispyware icon on your desktop.
o Click Preferences. Click the Statistics/Logs tab.
o Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
o It will open in your default text editor (such as Notepad/Wordpad).
o Please highlight everything in the notepad, then right-click and choose copy.
Click close and close again to exit the program.

Please post the log in your next reply.

Orange Blossom :flowers:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#5 colslass

colslass
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2008 - 03:13 PM

hi orange - apologies for the live links...

As I already have a free version of superanitspyware - I thought to uninstall the free copy before loading the one you suggest... however - am not able to uninstall the free version - it gets so far then the computer shuts down and reports the following:

problem is with the saskutil.sys (file?) - the comment is Driver_unloaded_without_cancelling_pending_operations

I have tried the modify and uninstall buttons from within superantispyware... but the computer still closes down.

Do you want me to go ahead and install the 'not trial' version as per your instructions.

#6 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,847 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2008 - 08:00 PM

Hello colslass,

If you already have the free version of SUPERAntiSpyware installed, there is no need to uninstall it just to install it again - unless your version is not the latest version. The link I have sent you to is for the Free version of SUPERAntiSpyware.

Orange Blossom

#7 colslass

colslass
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2008 - 03:56 AM

my version is 3.09 and the latest one is 4.01

I tried to install the latest version but again got the same problem again .... windows shuts down and presents the blue screen with the comment :

problem with saskutil.sys driver_unloaded_without_cancelling_pending_operations

humm so now am stuck - cant get superantispyware off nor can I install a newer version on top of it....

would have thought that would have fixed the problem with the saskutil.sys file.....

#8 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,847 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2008 - 04:22 PM

Hello colslass,

I need to check something on my computer at home in connection with the program. I'll get back to you later tonight or tomorrow.

Orange Blossom

#9 colslass

colslass
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2008 - 07:40 PM

happy to wait..... :thumbsup:

#10 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,847 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:39 PM

Hello colslass,

My guess was right, even with the free version of SUPERAntiSpyware, there are certain files that load up at start up, including the one you are getting the error message about. I think that if we disable those start-ups, reboot the computer, then try to uninstall SUPERAntiSpyware that it will work. Let's see if I am right.

First create a folder in a convenient location and call it Autoruns. Then download Autoruns and save it in the folder you just created. Unzip the file and extract all the files into the Autoruns folder. Now click on the Autoruns.exe file. A large window something like this: Posted Image
will open up. Now click on the Options at the top and put a check by Hide Microsoft Entries on the menu that pops up then click on File --> Refresh.

Now click on the Drivers tab. Scroll down the list of Autorun entries (the leftmost column) until you get to the ones starting with an s.

Remove the check marks by the following files. Double-check that you have the right one by verifying that the additional information I list also agrees before removing the check. You can highlight the entire row in Autoruns by clicking on the file name.

SABProcEnum under Publisher it says SuperAdBlocker.com
SASDIFSV under Image Path you will see superantispyware as part of the path
SASENUM under Description you will see SuperAntiSpyware
SASKUTIL under Image Path you will see superantispyware as part of the path

Reboot, then try to uninstall SUPERAntiSpyware. Let me know if this works. (Keeping fingers crossed).

Orange Blossom

#11 colslass

colslass
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2008 - 05:13 AM

ok - will print off instructions and have a go..... probably will be much later my time (its 10:11 am uk time now) when I can get back to you... I have a deadline on an article I am writing - that I have to meet... :thumbsup:

#12 colslass

colslass
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2008 - 08:34 PM

Grief girlie - where u taking me..... (wheres a lying down smilie when you need one?)

ok - found these files:

since the first didnt match your note I left it checked..

SABProcEnum File not found: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\SABProcEnum.sys

the other DID match your note so I unchecked them...

SASDIFSVSASDIFSV c:\program files\superantispyware\sasdifsv.sys
SASENUMSuperAntiSpyware SuperAdBlocker, Inc. c:\program files\superantispyware\sasenum.sys
SASKUTILSASKUTIL.SYS c:\program files\superantispyware\saskutil.sys

ok back shortly - just need to note this stage....

#13 colslass

colslass
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2008 - 09:43 PM

I have some good news and some interesting news...

the good news - doing the autorun thingy worked... I was able to uninstall the old version of SASW and then successfully download the latest version using your click button...

the interesting news - I ran SASW in safe mode (and yes I remember to disconnect from the network).... and can report that there was nothing found / deleted / quarantened. (sorry cant spell its a bit late here).... I did check the Scan Log but there was no report there to show you.

The initials problems reported ie getting logged out of websites when I click on bonus links still occurs on the two I mentioned plus a couple more TE sites... I think I will mention this problem in some of the forums - see if this is just happening to me - or others as well.

Am not sure about the form filling problem - not filled one since this started.... I have roboform installed - I could possible set up the automated form filler in there.

Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

#14 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,847 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2008 - 09:54 PM

Hello colslass,

I'm glad my hunch paid off regarding the uninstallation and installation of SUPERAntiSpyware.

I ran SASW in safe mode (and yes I remember to disconnect from the network)

Now, I'm curious. When you went into Safe Mode, which flavor did you choose? The version with or without Networking? It should have been the basic form that doesn't have networking. There would be no need to disconnect from the internet as you cannot connect in regular Safe Mode.

It is odd that there is no report. I always get a report even when nothing is found.

I'm going to have some other folks look at this and see if they have any ideas.

Orange Blossom

#15 colslass

colslass
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2008 - 12:29 PM

Hello colslass,

Now, I'm curious. When you went into Safe Mode, which flavor did you choose? The version with or without Networking? It should have been the basic form that doesn't have networking. There would be no need to disconnect from the internet as you cannot connect in regular Safe Mode.

Orange Blossom :flowers:

:trumpet: flavour??? :thumbsup: well its a sort of spicy cherry flavour!!!! now we are getting REALLY geekie..... will consult with he-who-knows-all-but-sometimes-has-to-go-out-to-work........

but here's my thinking on the topic .... - we have a broadband connection - which means that unless it is physically unplugged from the little flashing box - no matter what the bleeping computer may or may not say - its STILL connected....... :inlove: so I just head for the top of the screen.... and I cant remember what it says .... not being much help am I?

will talk to hubby when he's finished his night shift and I can five minutes of his time in between watching the prelims for the racing and then the racing and then the hours of discussion after the racing...

an no not complaining here - he doesnt 'do' football - he's even more clueless than I am...

have a restful weekend

Edited by colslass, 14 March 2008 - 12:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users