Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Defraging Not Doing Anything

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dialga

Dialga

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 05 March 2008 - 04:13 AM

ok i have tried everything i have left defrag on for 2 days and it still keeps defraging it has the screen as you are defraging on any other vista machine its like its frozen but its not i need help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 AM

Posted 05 March 2008 - 12:59 PM

hi,,, vista has an auto defrag,,, it runs continuasly in the backgroung when your machine is in idol or not doing anything,,,, but i also run a program called auslogics disc defrag which is fast and thorough,,, here's a link to it,,,, good luck

http://www.download.com/Auslogics-Disk-Def...4-10567503.html

there's also some info about it for you on cnet, have a look and see what you think.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#3 Dialga

Dialga
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:26 AM

great its defraging but still dosent explain why my normal defragger is not doing its job but the good thing is its working and its FREEWARE! :huh:

Edited by Dialga, 06 March 2008 - 04:31 AM.

#4 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 AM

Posted 06 March 2008 - 07:30 AM

hi,,, good to here its defraging,,, as for vista defrag, i dont think you can run it like xp,,, on mine it just says your disc dose not need to de defraged at this time,,, i think this is because its allways defraging in the background,,, it also will not show a status bar across the bottom with your used space etc, like xp,,,,, you can get this info through command prompt but i forgot how,,,,, good luck

hi,, me again,, i found this site about it,,, have a read,,,

http://www.vistajuice.com/2007/02/windows_...g_tool_is_c.php

Edited by figgis41, 06 March 2008 - 07:40 AM.

Figgis,,,, LUFC

#5 Dialga

Dialga
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2008 - 06:18 AM

interesting... news about it thx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users