Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Thunderbird 2.0.12 Unable To Connect To Localhost

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dialga

Dialga

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 05 March 2008 - 03:31 AM

ok a few days ago i upgraded my AVG 7.5 to 8.0 and i was trying to open Thunderbird im using the webmail add on and webmail hotmail add on so i can read my mail on here instead of going to hotmail.com i have been using tuderbird with no probs for 4 moths nearly and since i installed the new ver of AVG 8.0 i cannot connect and get my mail i have made the firewall allow all for TB i have even tried closing AVG down still no avail everything is to date but im sure it must be AVG some how if you know how to fix please tell me here is a screenshot of the error message i get: Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DippyGirl

DippyGirl

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 13 March 2008 - 10:13 AM

I had this problem, but I am at AVG Free-7.5.518, so may not solve your problem
Over at Mozillazine forum someone suggested that Email scanning be disabled . I tried it and hey presto I can receive messages from Yahoo via Webmail

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.ph...02fcb51170b561e

AVG are aware of the issue and apparently 518 has been withdrawn

Hope it helps

#3 possumbarnes

possumbarnes

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:24 PM

For future visitors, I had the same issue after installing a new anti virus, Rising AV. T-bird had worked fine for years. After installing the new AV program, it would send mail fine but would time-out on its connection to receive. I disabled the email protection in the anti virus and T-bird worked ok after that.
What's more irrational--a guy who believes in a God he cannot see or a guy who is offended by a God he doesn't believe in?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users