Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Remove Vbzip10.dll From My Windows Vista Computer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 apineda

apineda

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 04 March 2008 - 11:12 PM

I have no idea how to remove the file vbzip10.dll from my computer. I tried to delete it but I get a message saying I don't have permission to delete it. I had limewire on my computer and I think that's what made that file appear. If anyone knows how to remove it please help me out.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 AM

Posted 04 March 2008 - 11:26 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer apineda,

This is the infection you have and you'll need help cleaning from your machine.

Mod Edit: Topic moved to more appropriate forum~ TMacK
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 apineda

apineda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 07 March 2008 - 11:44 PM

Thank you for responding. I downloaded the software and ran sophos anti-virus but it did not find anything. Please can you help me out with this.

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,719 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 15 March 2008 - 08:51 PM

Hello apineda and welcome to BC :flowers:

Sorry about the delayed response. We are all volunteers here and sometimes things slip past us. In order to provide you with the proper disinfection procedures, we need some additional information.

What is your Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, etc.?

What security programs do you have installed besides the Sophos AV you just installed?

How did you become aware of the file in question?

What is the file path? An example of a file path is: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VGA.DRV in which VGA.DRV is the file, SYSTEM is the folder it's in, WINDOWS is the folder SYSTEM is in and C is the drive WINDOWS is on.

Are you experiencing any issues with the computer?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users