Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Excel 2002-03

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RandomUser

RandomUser

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 04 March 2008 - 10:19 PM

I'm trying to reference some basic formatting and text from Sheet 1 through all other sheets in a workbook.
The reference cells only contain text and highlighting. I think this should be easy to do but I can't seem to figure it
out. Can anyone help me accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Geoffc

Geoffc

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 08 March 2008 - 04:04 AM

Sorry, RandomUser, this is not what you WANT, but it may provide what you NEED. When I want a set of user directions or a framework on all sheets in a Workbook, I set up a template like this:

Open a new workbook.
On Sheet 1, type the common information you want into cells A2 to, let's say, B5.
Go to Sheet 2.
In cell A2, type "=", click cell A2 back on Sheet 1, then hit ENTER.
Drag that cell formula (on Sheet 2) down to A5, then across to B5 (two actions, I'm afraid).
For safety's sake, I always protect that construction, like this:
Select your whole expected work area on Sheet 2, and choose Format-Cells-Protection
Clear the "Protected" tick from the check box.
Then select the template area you want to share, and choose Format-Cells-Protection again
This time check the "protected" box.
Now choose Tools-Protection-Protect Sheet. What do you want to protect? Do you need a password?
Sheet 2 is now a template that you can copy and re-use in that (or any other) workbook, as often as you want.

That's not sophisticated, but it's functional.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users