any of the following program(s) using Add/Remove Programs
if they are present. They are often bundled with the malware causing your problems. To do this, go to Start > Settings > Control Panel and double-click on Add/Remove Programs. From within Add/Remove Programs highlight each one and select Remove
.Messenger Plus! Live & Sponsor (CiD)
Download Plugin for Internet Explorer
While uninstalling any of the above, if you are asked for a Verification code, please enter the numbers that appear in the window. When done, be sure to reboot your computer. <- Important!If none of these programs were listed, then continue with the next step.
Please download NoLop
and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1
alternate download link 2
--If you receive an error: "mscomctl.ocx or one of its dependencies are not correctly registered", please download mscomctl.ocx to your system32 folder then rerun NoLop.
- Now close any other programs you have running as this step will require a reboot.
- Double click NoLop.exe to run it.
- Click the button labeled "Search and Destroy"
- When scanning is finished you will be prompted to reboot only if infected. Click OK.
- Click the "REBOOT" button.
- A Message should popup from NoLop. If not, double click the program again and it will finish.
Please follow the the instructions for using Vundofix
in BC's self-help tutorial
: "How To Remove Vundo/Winfixer Infection
".-- If using Windows Vista be sure to Run As Administrator.
After running VundoFix, a text file named vundofix.txt
will have automatically been saved to the root of the system drive, usually at C:\vundofix.txt. Please copy & paste the contents of that text file into your next reply.