Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lops And Trojans

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 xurbn

xurbn

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 04 March 2008 - 01:13 PM

I have somehow managed to get some nasty bugs on my computer that I can't seem to get rid of. I tried AVG, SPYBOT, ADAWARE, and some other stuffs but nothing is working.

AVG has picked up:
Trojan Horse Generic9.aqno
Trojan horse BHO.DFZ
Virus found Lop (two of these)

Help! It keeps disrupting everything and slowing my computer down. Any ideas?

Edit: Moved topic from Vista forum to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,279 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 04 March 2008 - 02:42 PM

Please uninstall any of the following program(s) using Add/Remove Programs if they are present. They are often bundled with the malware causing your problems. To do this, go to Start > Settings > Control Panel and double-click on Add/Remove Programs. From within Add/Remove Programs highlight each one and select Remove.

Messenger Plus! Live & Sponsor (CiD)
CiD Help
CiD Manager
Bitdownload
Bitgrabber
BitRol
Download Plugin for Internet Explorer
Get-Torrent
Netpumper
Search Plugin
Torrent101
W3player
WinZix
Zone Media

While uninstalling any of the above, if you are asked for a Verification code, please enter the numbers that appear in the window. When done, be sure to reboot your computer. <- Important!
If none of these programs were listed, then continue with the next step.

Please download NoLop and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link 1
alternate download link 2
  • Now close any other programs you have running as this step will require a reboot.
  • Double click NoLop.exe to run it.
  • Click the button labeled "Search and Destroy"
    <>
  • When scanning is finished you will be prompted to reboot only if infected. Click OK.
  • Click the "REBOOT" button.
  • A Message should popup from NoLop. If not, double click the program again and it will finish.
--If you receive an error: "mscomctl.ocx or one of its dependencies are not correctly registered", please download mscomctl.ocx to your system32 folder then rerun NoLop..

Please follow the the instructions for using Vundofix in BC's self-help tutorial: "How To Remove Vundo/Winfixer Infection".
-- If using Windows Vista be sure to Run As Administrator.

After running VundoFix, a text file named vundofix.txt will have automatically been saved to the root of the system drive, usually at C:\vundofix.txt. Please copy & paste the contents of that text file into your next reply.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users