Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Winreanimator Problem...help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jamesv2k4

jamesv2k4

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 04 March 2008 - 12:53 PM

I recently encountered a problem where a program called winreanimator has been installed on my computer, this is causing pop ups to appear and slow down my computer. Ive read that it also infects the computer with vundo trojans, im trying to create a hijack this log and a Combofix log but i am unable to open the programs due to them being blocked...

What can I do?

Thanks

James

Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ucanfixit

ucanfixit

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 04 March 2008 - 01:08 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/131251/how-to-remove-winreanimator-removal-instructions/

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,046 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2008 - 02:42 AM

Hello jamesv2k4 and welcome to BC :flowers:

im trying to create a hijack this log and a Combofix log

Combofix and HiJack this are both advanced tools to be used under the guidance of a malware expert. The logs from these programs are posted ONLY in the HiJack This forums. You can cause serious problems with your computer if you don't know what you're doing including making it impossible to start your computer.

We will see if we can disinfect your computer in this forum. If we cannot, we will provide directions for preparing for and posting an HJT log and where to post it.

In order to assist you, we need additional information.

What is your operating system: Windows XP, Vista, etc.?

Can you please describe the pop-ups in more detail: What do they look like? What do they say? etc.

What security programs do you have installed?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,907 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2008 - 11:14 AM

Follow the instructions provided in How to remove WinReanimator.
When done, copy and paste the contents of the MBAM log report in your next reply.

Please follow the the instructions for using Vundofix in BC's self-help tutorial: "How To Remove Vundo/Winfixer Infection".
-- If using Windows Vista be sure to Run As Administrator.

After running VundoFix, a text file named vundofix.txt will have automatically been saved to the root of the system drive, usually at C:\vundofix.txt. Please copy & paste the contents of that text file into your next reply.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users