Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrade

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pofrot

pofrot

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 04 March 2008 - 09:18 AM

Hi guys

Im looking to upgrade my system. Ive recently come to the conclusion my system sucks/is really old.
I use my pc for all kinds of stuff, photoshop, internet, watch movies you name it. Weekends i play eve-online which is a very cpu demanding game. This is the main reason i wanna upgrade. Im getting super lag. Ive got 2 gb ram, 8mb broadband, 512mb graphics so shouldnt be a prob right?
I bought this motherboard bout 3 yaers ago. Gigabyte Ga K8nf.
Running 3000+ socket 939
250gb HD x2
and stuff mentioned above
oh yeh ddr4 memory sapphire ati 1550

Id like a board that uses dual/twin pci-e 16 if possible.
Ive resently bought a sapphire 512mb graphics card and would like to carry that over and the memory if possible.Ive got about 300 quid to spend.Maybe more depends what u guys says.

Well that all i can think of, hope this is enough info.
Ill await your gaimng pc replies

cheers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,034 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 05 March 2008 - 04:19 PM

There isn't much available new for the socket 939. You will need to upgrade the Processor, MB, and most likely the Memory too. Your current board uses DDR memory and most new boards with the requirement of Crossfire technology require DDR2 memory. Do you have a dual core processor? If not you could upgrade the processor to dual core.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 T

T

• Members
  • 305 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 06 March 2008 - 03:54 PM

I would have to agree. . .You're not going to get very far with that board. DDR2 is almost a requirement for games these days. Luckily, it's getting really cheap. Also, I would stay away from crossfire/sli if possible, it's just simply not as good as a single card right now.

Second the dual core idea, that'll give a decent boost in everything you do.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users