Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pop Up On Veoh.com

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Richard ken

Richard ken

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 03 March 2008 - 11:26 PM

Does anyone know how to stop this pop up from veoh.com because its annoying every time i search for something? Here the pop up says: http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/dd176/d...urrent=veoh.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 04 March 2008 - 09:44 AM

I have declined to click on the image you have linked to but , sounds as though you might be infected?whcih is your windows version, what is your antivirus program and other protection programs; when did you last fully update and run them all?
is THIS thread of yours related to it

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/127531/a-blue-pop-up/

Edited by ruby1, 04 March 2008 - 09:46 AM.

#3 Richard ken

Richard ken
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2008 - 02:23 PM

My window version is window xp media edition, my antivirus is avast and thats it and the antivirus i hardly ran it and avast can't update but i been updating on microsoft homepage but there no new update and i'm not sure is it related to the blue pop up since now it doesn't pop up anymore so yea i have no idea and the message of the veoh pop up says

[Exception..."Component returned failure code: 0x805e000a [nsIDOMHTMLIFrameElement.src]"
nsresult:"0x805e000a(<unknown>)" location:"JS frame :: http://www.veoh.com/scripts/search.js
:: ajaxSearchResponse :: line 840" data: no]

so i have no idea everytime i search for a video it pop this up except i have no idea is the saying is the same so please help me with this annoying problem?

#4 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2008 - 03:17 PM

I would be concerned that you do not seem able to update the antivirus program

when did you last manage to update it?

also, can you kindly confirm you have NOT got either superantispyware, or a squared on board?(both legitimate programs )

but you ARE up to date with your Windows updates?

#5 Richard ken

Richard ken
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2008 - 08:14 PM

actually it updates every day. i remember using superantispyware but the trial version ran out so yea and yes im up to date with window updates

#6 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 AM

Posted 05 March 2008 - 01:29 AM

Hello Richard Ken,

What browser are you using? By any chance, do you have Script Debugging enabled in your browser? If you do, try turning it off and see if the message goes away.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#7 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2008 - 06:47 AM

actually it updates every day. i remember using superantispyware but the trial version ran out so yea and yes im up to date with window updates

I guess that would be the Professional version?

the FREE for home users normal version is http://www.superantispyware.com/superantis...efreevspro.html

with its exe

the exe
you might wish to uninstall the old trial version , reboot and install the free version, fully update it, reboot and run IT on a full deep scan just to be on the safe side?
can you also confirm your antivirus program IS up to date please?

of interest, as you are on an XP version of windows, when did you last take a System Restore point?

#8 Richard ken

Richard ken
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2008 - 07:24 PM

Hi Orange Blossom
the browser i am using was Mozilla firefox and i think i don't have a Script Debugging enabled in my browser?!

HI Ruby1
The last time i took a system restore was a long time ago and i am for sure that my antivirus is up to date.

#9 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,011 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2008 - 12:50 AM

Here is the image of the pop-up. Posted Image

To me it looks like a script error of some sort quite likely on the website itself. I've read that veoh.com provides streaming video; hence, the problem when searching for videos. However, the fact that your AV is malfunctioning points to an infection.

I would like you to run a scan with SUPERAntiSpyware in Safe Mode to see what it may find. You will, of course, install it in Normal Mode. You may wish to print out these directions or copy them to notepad as you will not have internet access in Safe Mode.

Download and install SUPERAntiSpyware free found here: SUPERAntiSpyware

Be sure to click on the download button to the left, not on the free trial download on the right.

Install it and double-click the icon on your desktop to run it.
It will ask if you want to update the program definitions, click Yes.
Under Configuration and Preferences, click the Preferences button.
Click the Scanning Control tab.
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked:
  • Close browsers before scanning
  • Scan for tracking cookies
  • Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
o Please leave the others unchecked.
o Click the Close button to leave the control center screen.
Reboot into Safe Mode
On the main screen, under Scan for Harmful Software click Scan your computer.
On the left check C:\Fixed Drive.
On the right, under Complete Scan, choose Perform Complete Scan.
Click Next to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
After the scan is complete a summary box will appear. Click OK.
Make sure everything in the white box has a check next to it, then click Next.
It will quarantine what it found and if it asks if you want to reboot, click Yes.
Reboot into Normal Mode
To retrieve the removal information for me please do the following:
o After reboot, double-click the SUPERAntispyware icon on your desktop.
o Click Preferences. Click the Statistics/Logs tab.
o Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
o It will open in your default text editor (such as Notepad/Wordpad).
o Please highlight everything in the notepad, then right-click and choose copy.
Click close and close again to exit the program.

Please post the log in your next reply.

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#10 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2008 - 05:15 AM

may I suggest you check IN system restore to see what points ARE available should you require one?

IF the computer is 'doing its job, you should find plenty in there ; if there are NONE apart from the one you recall making some while ago, I suggest you make on at this point in time :thumbsup:

#11 Richard ken

Richard ken
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2008 - 11:00 AM

Thanks for all the help it seems like there was a adware or something that was causing the problem thanks for the site for anti-spyware program that help so thank you Orange Blossom and Ruby1.

#12 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,011 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2008 - 10:19 PM

Hello Richard ken,

Can you please post the SUPERAntiSpyware log? Even though the computer is behaving better, there may still be malware lurking. Posting the log will help determine that and whether additional steps need to be taken.

Orange Blossom

#13 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:40 AM

Thanks for all the help it seems like there was a adware or something that was causing the problem thanks for the site for anti-spyware program that help so thank you Orange Blossom and Ruby1.

you may be unaware that Adaware SE has ceased, and Adaware 2007 is only compatible ( at present) win windows versions of XP and 'younger' and is NOT 'going down well' with many who have had a try with it ) :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users