Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

does kapersky AV remove trojans?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rustyosaurus

rustyosaurus

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 AM

Posted 15 March 2005 - 12:21 AM

i'm just assuming that the top 10 AV apps remove everything that is bad in the way of viruses and trojans, but maybe i am just being naive?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 15 March 2005 - 03:13 AM

AV Comparatives

All the scanners tested here have to detect 100% in the wild virus's (this list includes Kaspersky), so yes Kaspersky should remove all known trojans which are loose.

The only problem is if the virus is new or not seen as in the wild there is a chance the scanner may not have a definition to detect and remove it.

#3 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2005 - 12:03 PM

The only problem is if the virus is new or not seen as in the wild there is a chance the scanner may not have a definition to detect and remove it.

Which is why it is always so very important to update before each scan. So at least you are protected with the very latest definintions. I use Free AVG and it updates daily. Though I still check for an update before I run it, just to be sure.

I also use aČ Free Link below in my sig. It is a wonderful program. And as it says in it's name ...it's free.

Edit: After reading stidyup's post below. I felt that I should explain aČ a bit more. :thumbsup:

a-squared (aČ) is a complementary product to antivirus software and desktop firewalls on MS Windows computers. Antivirus software specializes in detecting classic viruses. Many available products have weaknesses in detecting other malicious software (Malware) like Trojans, Dialers, Worms and Spyware (Adware). aČ fills the gap that malware writers exploit

Edited by scarlett, 16 March 2005 - 07:28 AM.

Posted Image

#4 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2005 - 03:56 AM

http://www.ewido.net/en/

Ewido is another good free trojan hunter and can be used along side A2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users