Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird Internet Problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wemibelec90

wemibelec90

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 03 March 2008 - 12:54 PM

I have been having a weird Internet problem for about a week now. Upon loading a new site, I almost always get the Internet Explorer cannot display message. However, it really can. The only way to get around that screen is to hit the Refresh button until it loads. Even then, it doesn't load properly most of the time. Usually the page is displayed with no colors, pictures, or formatting present.

I have tried resetting both my Internet and computer dozens of times, and have tried resetting my Internet options. Anyone have any idea what is causing this and why?

By the way, my other computer in the house on the same network doesn't have this problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 03 March 2008 - 12:59 PM

are you using wireless to connect?

if you are using wired are the cable and connection good?
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 wemibelec90

wemibelec90
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2008 - 05:17 PM

My modem is plugged into my router, and I run a cable from the router to my computer. The router is for the other computer in my house.

I tried using a new cable and it had no effect.

#4 wemibelec90

wemibelec90
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2008 - 03:32 PM

Anyone have an idea? Kind of an annoying problem.

#5 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 05 March 2008 - 04:46 PM

You can try doing some troubleshooting with You receive an error message in Internet Explorer 7: "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".

Or if using IE 6: Error message when you try to access a Web site in Internet Explorer 6: "Page Cannot Be Displayed".
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users