Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Home Premium ---uninstalling Programme Fault

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 deputy dawg

deputy dawg

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 PM

Posted 03 March 2008 - 12:35 PM

hi can anyone assist---i tried to install Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum on my new computer but it was blocked and a message appeared that there was a compatibility issue with Vista so the driver was blocked. i thought fair enough but have since been pulling my hair out as it will not let me uninstall the programme. keep getting this infurating messsage that the driver is blocked--

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP going out of my mind

regards

deputy dawg

O S _vista home premium

New computer 6 weeks old

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 13 March 2008 - 06:24 PM

Hi deputy dawg,

Now that your HJT log has been cleared by the HJT Team, this topic is now reopened.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 V e g e t a

V e g e t a

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 PM

Posted 14 March 2008 - 01:30 PM

The best way is to reinstall and then uninstall.
Run CCleaner after to fix any registry entries.

#4 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 14 March 2008 - 06:15 PM

Bleeping Computer doesn't recommend the use of Registry Cleaners.
Registry cleaners are extremely powerful applications and their potential for harming your OS far outweighs any small potential for improving your computer's performance.

There are a number of them available and some are more safe than others. Keep in mind that no two registry cleaners work entirely the same way. Each vendor uses different criteria as to what constitutes a "bad" entry. One cleaner may find entries on your system that will not cause a problem when removed, another may not find the same entries, and still another may want to remove entries required for a program to work.

Unless you have a particular problem that requires a registry edit to correct it, I would suggest you leave the registry alone.
Using registry cleaning tools unnecessarily or incorrectly, can have disastrous effects on your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.
For routine use by those not familiar with the registry, the benefits to your computer are negligible while the potential risks are great.

Further reading: XP Fixes Myth #1: Registry Cleaners
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users