Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gigabyte 8800gt 512mb Driver Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DEVESH

DEVESH

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:36 AM

Hey guys i recently purchased a gigabyte 8800gt card ...i setup it up and installed the latest drivers 169.21 whql certified but after installation all my icons get messed up and all my hdd icons get messed up this driver seems to be incompatible so now which one shall i download and from where the gigabyte site or the nvidia site i am using windows xp sp2 .I have tried installeng even the 163 whql drivers tht doesnt work for my card...in a big fix......someone help out....these drivers were provided with the driver cd with the card

Edited by DEVESH, 03 March 2008 - 09:38 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Beremat

Beremat

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 03 March 2008 - 07:01 PM

I have found that messed up graphics even on the desktop mean that the card is overheating.
What are the temperatures on your card?
Also, it might be the power supply failing to provide enough power. Does it meet the card's requirements?

Edited by Beremat, 03 March 2008 - 07:01 PM.

#3 DEVESH

DEVESH
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 04 March 2008 - 10:33 AM

i AM USING A CORSAIR HX620 W PSU AND THE FAN ON THE GFX RUNS FINE SO I CANT UNDERSTAND WAT CUD BE CAUSING THE ISSUE CUD IT BE THE DRIVERS OR THE REFRESH RATE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users