Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lgkodiak Cruise Window

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Zalandar

Zalandar

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 02 March 2008 - 07:18 PM

has anyone heard or know what this process is. What i'm having is a problem with my mouse {logitech mx1000} it is acting oddly ---flipping to the top of the screen for no reason what ever and sometimes becoming unusable.....today for the first time i found this process running when my mouse had gone weird on me---lgkodiak cruise window in my Task manager applicactions.When i end the program my mouse resumed working again,although it is now flipping of to the top of screen on it own every now and then.

This problem started about 2 weeks ago while i was playing a pc game. but at that time and several times since the problem was caused by docuement flip....i have removed all logitech programs and reinstalled the latest logitech mouse ware....the problem persisted for several days afterword.with the docuement flip coming on during the game..and causing it to crash...i tried it with several different games and got same result............Ran avg anti virus---spybot search and destroy-----regcure----adaware se----and then defraged computer and then shut i down completly and resarted.......that seemed to solve the doc flip problem, but have had periodic spats of the mouse flipping to top of screen..

today is the first time that the mouse stopped/became erratic in a while. I was looking in my windows explorer and went a way for about 5 minutes and when i came back there was a window open although i couldn't see it other than what i would call sargents stripes in the middle of my explorer window and mouse wouldn't work.Started up task manager and went to performance and 68% was in use...went to applications found lgkodiak and ended it...back to performance and usage was down to 1%. Have searched
computer for any files with lgkodiak cruise window int and found nothing.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,846 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 02 March 2008 - 07:29 PM

Hello Zalandar,

Perchance, do you have an LG mobile phone connected to the computer?

Also, what is your operating system: Windows XP, Vista, etc.

Is your mouse cordless or is wired? If wired, what kind of connection does it have: USB etc.

Did you try scanning with your security programs in Safe Mode?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 Zalandar

Zalandar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2008 - 07:46 PM

Hi OrangeBlossom

ooops sorry----running windows xp home...mouse is wireless,and no do not have lg phone or any other phone hooked to my computer.
will try Safemode start-up and run antivirus then
thanks

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,846 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2008 - 07:55 PM

Let us know what the results are Zanandar. Then we'll provide further instructions.

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#5 Zalandar

Zalandar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2008 - 09:17 PM

hi again

Well i tried every thing in safe mode and came up with nothing.....so tried another mouse that i had and it had more or less same prob......so i borrowed one from a friend and it seems to have solved the problem....ie--no erratic curser movement and workes well in my games......It is a wired mouse, versus i had a wireless mouse before---------------------I guess this means that my wireless mouse is defective.......Sorry to taken up any of your time for a hardware problem.............thanks again for replying and offering your help Oraqnge Blossom

PS: i still don't know what LgKodiak cruiser window is or why my defefective mouse would start that program is/why but new mouse seeems to have solve the problem.
any ideas about that?

Edited by Zalandar, 04 March 2008 - 10:45 PM.

#6 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,846 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2008 - 11:23 PM

Hello Zalandar,

Sometimes it's hard to tell what might be causing problems. When you mentioned the jumping mouse cursor, I did immediately wonder if you had a wireless mouse because I've known those to have issues. That's why I asked the question about the kind of mouse you had.

Hmm. What brand is your wireless mouse? It's possible that the wireless mouse software has a connection with LgKodiak, but I don't know. Perhaps searching under the brand name will bring forth some answers.

Orange Blossom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users