You should have only ONE antivirus installed. Having more than one can cause strange problems. One may flag files from the other program. If both are using resident protection, they may fight with each other over the same files making your computer less secure than it was before. Please uninstall one of these AV programs. Be sure to shut down all resident protection before doing so. In some cases, you may need to use special tools provided by the AV in order to get it all off your system.
Once you have uninstalled one of the AV products, I would like you to run a scan with SUPERAntiSpyware in Safe Mode
. You will, of course, install it in Normal Mode. You may wish to print out these directions or copy them in Notepad as you will not have internet access for part of this.
Download and install SUPERAntiSpyware free found here: SUPERAntiSpyware
Be sure to click on the download button to the left, not on the free trial download on the right.
Install it and double-click the icon on your desktop to run it.
· It will ask if you want to update the program definitions, click Yes
· Under Configuration
, click the Preferences
· Click the Scanning Control
· Under Scanner Options
make sure the following are checked:
- Close browsers before scanning
- Scan for tracking cookies
- Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
o Please leave the others unchecked.
o Click the Close
button to leave the control center screen.
Reboot into Safe Mode
· On the main screen, under Scan for Harmful Software
click Scan your computer
· On the left check C:\Fixed Drive
· On the right, under Complete Scan
, choose Perform Complete Scan
· Click Next
to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
· After the scan is complete a summary box will appear. Click OK
· Make sure everything in the white box has a check next to it, then click Next
· It will quarantine what it found and if it asks if you want to reboot, click Yes
Reboot into Normal Mode
· To retrieve the removal information for me please do the following:
o After reboot, double-click the SUPERAntispyware icon on your desktop.
o Click Preferences
. Click the Statistics/Logs
o Under Scanner Logs
, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
o It will open in your default text editor (such as Notepad/Wordpad).
o Please highlight everything in the notepad, then right-click and choose copy.
· Click close and close again to exit the program.
Please post the log in your next reply, and let us know which AV you decided to uninstall. Is the McAfee the suite or the separate AV? If the suite and you decide to uninstall that one, you will need to install a firewall.