Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intel D865glc

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jaiisun

Jaiisun

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 02 March 2008 - 01:40 PM

Hi there,

Recently, I come home to find my little brother had broken my PC with little explanation, so, out of another PC I had lying around, I took the motherboard and fitted it into my PC, wired everything up, fitted the hard drives, and so on.

The only problem I found was the front panel connectors, I connected them in the way that the Intel website suggested, but, still, I had no power. The only sign of power I do have is a flashing light on the motherboard, which I am not sure what this is trying to tell me; it flashes green constantly.

This is an Intel D865GLC Motherboard.

Please try to help soon!

Oh, and if you're wondering, i'm using a friend's laptop at the moment!

Thanks,

Jay

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 02 March 2008 - 01:57 PM

Go to Intel's support site and download the motherboard manual. In the diagrams, look for the front panel header. note which 2 pins are marked pwr. You should be able to take a flat blade screwdriver and touch those 2 pins, shorting them momentarily and the computer should power up. You now know that the computer works and all you have to do is trace which 2 wires from the front bezel go to the switch. For the switch it doesn't matter what color goes where
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users