Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I'm Infected With Some Sort Of Exe File

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sphony

sphony

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 02 March 2008 - 12:54 PM

I was on youtube looking at myspace hacks and I clicked this exe download by mistake. Now everytime I'm browsing my computer this shows up "o.o hxxp;//mail.xeross.net/18nakedq4bo.jpg.exe" I did a virus scan and nothing showed up. I downloaded it from here like an idoit hxxp://youtube.com/watch?v=dqKDlf0W0Co

How do I get this crap off my computer? Somebody please help me because I can't use my computer correctly anymore!

Mod Edit: Link disabled, to preclude possible infection.~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 02 March 2008 - 02:18 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sphony

sphony
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2008 - 01:32 PM

Somebody mind helping me out I noticed nobody has even read my topic yet. This is a serious issue that I need resolved asap! Please help!

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,853 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2008 - 01:56 PM

Hello sphony and welcome to BC :flowers:

I understand your frustration with your computer. Please note that we are all volunteers here at BC, and we are all very busy. Getting to a post immediately is usually not possible. We have topics that are in progress, and we need to respond to those topics. We need to do research or seek advise to make sure that we provide correct information. This takes time.

In addition, even if the topic is read, it is not necessarily someone from BC who has read it. It might be a guest. Further, if they are folks from BC, they may not know how to help you. You need to be patient.

In order to help you, we need to know a lot more information:

What is your operating system: Windows XP, Vista, etc.?

What security programs do you have installed? Please provide the full names.

You said that you did a virus scan. What program did you use? Did it find anything? If so, what? Please provide the full file path.

Did you do the virus scan in Safe Mode? If not, please do so and let us know what if anything was found.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#4 sphony

sphony
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2008 - 02:21 PM

Sorry about that.

I'm using windows xp

I'm using McAFee VirusScan it found trojan files on the computer

C:\quarantine\4a241781-6657-334d-4f79-ed823e66b9dc-bbi_ro081806_s3[1].jpg.Vir.0

C:\quarantine\4a241781-6657-334d-4f79-ed823e66b9dc-bbi_ro081806_s3[1].jpg.Vir.1

Exploit-QtPICT

That is what showed up in the most previous scan I did, I'm also currently using Symantec but its still scanning. This message pops up automaticaly everytime I'm doing something on the computer every 20 min or so "//mail.xeross.net/18nakedq4bo.jpg.exe"

No I haven't tried scanning in safe mode but I will now and I will let you know what shows up!

#5 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,853 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2008 - 04:00 PM

Hello sphony,

You say you have both McAfee and Symantec AV on your computer? This will cause serious and odd problems. More than one AV will conflict with each other because they may each try to scan the same file at the same time. This can leave your computer more open to infection than it would be without an AV. AV program may flag files in the other AV's database as well. From what you just posted, it appears McAfee found files in Symantec's quarantine. Please decide which AV you want to keep and disable and uninstall the other. You may need additional tools to completely it.

Please let us know which one you decide to keep. After you have done that, I have a program I wish you to install and scan with.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users