Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help Uninstalling Norton

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fbharv

fbharv

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 PM

Posted 02 March 2008 - 01:17 AM

Hello folks

I am new to BleepingComp - One of my machines is old - but still functional sort of....

The problem is I do not have the cd for symantec and the uninstall was not clean.

Each time I try load a new virus protection, (Symantec udate and Trend Micro) it reports the old norton is still loaded.

I want to the Symantec site and downloaded their "norton remover" and still have the same problem with remnants interfering with attempts to load new virus protection.

I have tried keeping things clean with spybot and lavasoft, and using trend micro house scan, but it's like the computer keeps reseting to the older settings and problems.

any help in getting this machine back to clean enough health for a new virus protection to take would be appreciated

Mod Edit: Topic moved to more appropriate forum and modified title~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 02 March 2008 - 01:26 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee

• Members
  • 831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 02 March 2008 - 03:24 AM

How To Remove Your Norton Products
Check if the ersion of Norton you are trying to move is covered by the removal tool. If its an earlier version there are 3 other tools further down.

It also tells you what folders and registry entries to delete.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Teenage.Zombiee is back ! :halloween:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users