Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mina Aniciete

Mina Aniciete

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 01 March 2008 - 10:34 PM

My problem started when trying to download update of HR Block tax cut . From that time I can not surf the internet and my compuer is really slow .Bythe way never finished downloading, called customer support still unable to help with my problem .
I know it's not my internet connection , since i can use the laptop by switchng cable(yellow cable to the laptop instead of the desktop.

I also spoke also with At& T and they run test, and all signals are good.

When trying to open any site , I'm only getting page can not be displayed .

I tried already the following :

reset all my settings,
clean my cache and files
clear and delete all cookies.

Run regsvr32 urlmon.dll
Tried restoring
Clean Registry too.
Both Internet explorer and Mozila Firefox are not working.

Does that mean my desktop is infected with virus

At one point, I was trying to reinstall IE, but it was asking for my disk. I don't have my disk anymore .

Since, I can not use internet to do any download any version of IE .
Is there another way .

Realy need help .

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,026 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 01 March 2008 - 11:10 PM

Hello, a couple comments.
You said" Tried restoring "... was that System restore ?
Where did you download from?
Was it successful? If so try uninstalling it. From Safe Mode.
What version of IE?
Have you run Antivirus/spyware scans?
Tried rebooting to safe mode with networking to get online?
If that works use LSP-Fix
......LSP-Fix attempts to correct Internet connection problems resulting from buggy or improperly-removed Layered Service Provider (LSP) software. When you start LSP-Fix, it will read the list of LSP modules from the Windows registry and verify that each module is present. If a module is missing, it is placed on the "Remove" list for removal. Advanced users can override suggested removals in the "Advanced" area. When "Finish" is pressed, the undesired entries are removed, and the remaining entries in the registry are renumbered to make them consecutive. The total module counts are then updated. Finally, the program will display a summary of the changes that were made.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users