Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

spybot worm

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ac8663

ac8663

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 AM

Posted 14 March 2005 - 02:13 PM

I have a problem with the spybot worm. on a virus scan it shows a file called winmanager.exe as the culprit. i went into the registry and saw the file in there under winupdt. is that normal and should i remove it from the registry. i also found it in the sys32 folder. i deleted it from there but the worm keeps popping up. can anyone help :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldTimer

OldTimer

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 11,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 14 March 2005 - 03:04 PM

Hi ac8663. You should submit a HijackThis in this forum:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

If you have never done this before there is a pinned topic at the top titled How to submit a HijackThis log.

Quite frequently a spyware fix requires repairing multiple registry entries. The HijckThis log will usually show all of these entries.

Cheers.

OT
I do not respond to PM's requesting help. That's what the forums are here for. Please use them so that others may benefit from your questions and the responses you receive.
OldTimer

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users