Jump to content


Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.


How Do I Do My Taxes? (online)

  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mr_Freeware


  • Members
  • 141 posts
  • Local time:05:47 PM

Posted 01 March 2008 - 06:46 PM

ok. so this will be my first time doing taxes. i had 2 jobs and i got 2 W-2 papers. (1 for each job). i have no idea what to do. i dont know anything about taxes. i think i can do it online right? i dont want to pay any money to have it done somewhere. it should be easy i think. i have no kids to put down. anyone know about this stuff?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)


#2 Animal


    Bleepin' Animinion

  • Site Admin
  • 35,765 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Where You Least Expect Me To Be
  • Local time:03:47 PM

Posted 01 March 2008 - 06:55 PM

If your adjusted gross income was $54,000 or less in 2007, you can use Free File to prepare and e-file your taxes online.

Free File Home - Your Link to Free Federal Online Filing

If you live in a state, that has state withholding, you need to check your home states tax site for online filing.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 ddeerrff



  • Malware Response Team
  • 2,736 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upper Midwest, US
  • Local time:05:47 PM

Posted 01 March 2008 - 08:44 PM

Or you might want to look at TaxAct. Free federal Efile with no income limitations.

#4 Sneakycyber


    Network Engineer

  • BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio
  • Local time:06:47 PM

Posted 02 March 2008 - 04:39 PM

You can also use Intut Tax Freedom Project from turbo tax. You can usually E-file your state return at the states website for free.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users