Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

It's Not Like My Computer's Acting Completely Wonky...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DEC_42

DEC_42

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 01 March 2008 - 05:27 PM

Lately, My computer's been a bit... off. I haven't installed anything new for the past few weeks. Spyware Terminator and AVG Free install every day. Nothing comes up in either report, so I decided to make a Hijack This log and post it here to see if anything's out of the ordinary. I got a second, third, and even a fourth opinion (not at the same time, of course) From Ad-Aware 2007, Spybot S&D, and Windows Defender, while nothing came up still. Avast! found nothing that was causing my problem. I ran McCafee Stinger on request from the Prep Guide

What I mean by "off" is that random glitches happen every so often, and my computer seems to be dragging down. My Firefox default search changed, but I was able to change that back. The glitches consist of random system processes crashing and some of my more resource intensive programs crashing every so often (SWBFII, Adobe Photoshop CS3, for example)

I run a Windows XP MCE SP2 box w/ an Intel Pentium 4 (Prescott) @ 3.0GHz, 1 GB of DDR2 RAM and an ATI Radeon x1300 PCI (not Express, because HP was asinine enough to skip a PCI-E slot for the mobo, never mind an AGP) w/ 256MB of RAM for the card. If there's any more info you need me to post, please notify me and I'll be happy to update the post.

To satisfy anyone who is going to complain about the other aspects of the Prep guide, I use COMODO Firewall Pro for my FW, and I've installed every Microsoft update there is.

Finally, lately means in the last week.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 20 March 2008 - 10:42 AM

I apologize for the very long delay. We have a huge backlog of HijackThis Logs to handle and it has been taking us greater time than normal to get caught up. If you are still having a problem, and want us to analyze your information, please post a brand new hijackthis log. If we do not hear back from you within a couple of days we will need to close your topic.

When posting your logs please post them directly into the reply. Do not attach them.

Also make sure you have already followed the steps outlined below:

Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log

Thank you for your patience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users