Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Love This Place.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JoAMoS

JoAMoS

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 PM

Posted 01 March 2008 - 12:51 PM

Greetings Fellow Bleeping Computer Users,

I have 16+ years of computer usage and have lived through dos and many hardware changes. There were some minor virus issues sometimes on node pc's but never major onces as I knew how to protect myself. I have an AVG and licensed XP Pro with all patches, I have no gaming vices nor I exchange to many files via chat softwares or the like. I am a webmaster with 150+ live domain names building internet realty, one domain at a time.

Yesterday my primary box got infected with a bad virus and this simply set off a terror state in me. All my work, my hours of effort, my nights of sleepless endurance and my collection of files, all very precious, very valuable, I saw them threatened. I saw myself venerable and lonely. This is a virtual realty and it is a virtual horror to lose all your creation of time.

How did I get my syphilis? One unscanned usb contact with a infected pen drive.

There began my quest to find a solution to this virus. I am an open source evangelist and so I knew there always are kind hearted people who help when asked politely. There are information banks which some good soul has collected and there for you to read and relieve yourself of misery.

In my quest to get rid of this virus holding my work at ransoms, I found bleepingcomputer.com, such an apt name, by someone surely who has seen the computer cry...

I found some may good reference and suggestions and applications which made my work much much easy. If you are focusing on getting rid of the enemy called virus there is no space for fear. Thanks to this website I overcame my fear.

I am not out yet, Kaspersky online scanner has found out one virus and one object infected at 33% scan. Hum... some more distance to go. Now I have, ATF-Cleaner, cureit.exe, SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition, etc in my arsenal. I am a commando at work loaded with apps tested by a team of well wishers at my base Bleepingcomputer.com out to destroy the virus capable of doing damage to my kingdom.

Feels good! Thank you.

JoAMoS.
Jack of All Master of Some.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 01 March 2008 - 07:51 PM

Just remember that our many Members have a wealth of collective experience and expertise and are more than willing to provide help if you need it.
Welcome to this friendly user community.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users