This self-help guide will allow you to remove the Media Acess Adware
What this program does: This program delivers ads to your desktop and is installed without your knowledge.
Tools Needed for this fix:
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Media Access] C:\Program Files\Media Access\MediaAccK.exe or O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Media Access] C:\Program Files\Media Access\MediaAccess.exe
- Remove Media Access within Add/Remove Programs in the Control
- Download HijackThis from the above link and extract it to c:\hijackthis.
- Print out these instructions.
- Close Internet Explorer and keep it closed throughout the entire removal
- Navigate to the c:\hijackthis directory and double-click on HijackThis
- When the program starts, double-click on the HijackThis icon and then click
on the Scan button.
- Put a checkmark next to the following entries if they exist:
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Media Access] C:\Program Files\Media Access\MediaAccK.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Media Access] C:\Program Files\Media Access\MediaAcess.exe
- Then click the Fix button.
- HijackThis will tell you that you need to reboot your computer in order
to finish this task. Allow your computer to reboot.
- When your computer is restarted, delete the following file:
C:\Program Files\Media Access\
This is a self-help guide. Use at your own risk.
BleepingComputer.com can not be held responsible for problems that may occur by using this information. If you would like help with any of these fixes, you can post a HijackThis log in our HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum.
If you have any questions about this self-help guide then please post those questions in our AntiVirus, Firewall and Privacy Products and Protection Methods forum and someone will help you.