Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to get removed from email blacklist

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Happy01

Happy01

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 AM

Posted 14 March 2005 - 11:57 AM

I have apparently had my email listed on a blacklist site. Checked all the common blacklisters, and only BlackHole lists my email address. I asked to be removed to no avail. The two people I try to email are both with government. They do not know (from their end) who is blocking me. They are also not in a position to ask Blackhole to re-instate me. (Some internal thing).

Any ideas? Thanks :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ColdinCbus

ColdinCbus

• Members
  • 312 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 14 March 2005 - 12:22 PM

Usually those lists block domains or IP ranges, they don't usually block just a singular e-mail address. What is the domain you are sending from?

You may want to consider getting a new e-mail account on a different domain.

Edited by ColdinCbus, 14 March 2005 - 12:23 PM.

#3 Happy01

Happy01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2005 - 12:31 PM

Yes. Thank you. I am using a local ISP. You are right, it is actually not my specific email being blocked. Aside from changing services, any other ideas? I am assuming the Blackhole is considering someone within my ISP to be a spammer?

#4 ColdinCbus

ColdinCbus

• Members
  • 312 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 14 March 2005 - 12:46 PM

That is correct, there is or was someone on your ISP that was considered a spammer. Not much you can do to get your ISP delisted. Your ISP would need to make the request and prove they killed the spammers account with them. Unfortunately there are ISPs who don't care too much about removing spammers unless it effects their cash flow.

You may want to look at getting one of the free e-mail accounts from hotmail, yahoo...etc. and see if you can send them an e-mail from there.

edit = Cbus needs to learn to hit the spellcheck button. :thumbsup:

Edited by ColdinCbus, 14 March 2005 - 01:17 PM.

#5 Happy01

Happy01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2005 - 12:56 PM

Thanks, I will do that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users