Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Comodo

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 athelos

athelos

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 29 February 2008 - 04:56 PM

(details are a bit shakey sorry)

Ive had a couple of alerts saying that system was recieving a connection from another computer. Or at least i think thats what it was saying. It was along those lines anyway, that it was recieving a connection from somewhere. The first one i allowed as it happened when i was opening an online game called Guildwars. It was in port: nebsess(139) . Anyways i thought it was to do with this. However i got another couple of alerts while browsing the internet. Was wondering if this was normal or not. I blocked the other cases as i werent sure how to act.

Any help?
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia.
--Charles Schultz

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,995 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2008 - 11:15 PM

Hello athelos,

In most cases, you should block incoming traffic unless you have specifically requested it.

Here are a couple guides that discuss firewalls and IP addresses that should help you understand what's going on.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/understanding-and-using-firewalls/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/ip-addresses-explained/

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 athelos

athelos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:42 AM

I just dont want to be blocking a legit programme that needs to be connecting to the internet. Ive just looked at the firewall log and in the last hour system has been blocked 19 times. But I'm not very computer literate and dont know whether system should be connecting to the internet fullstop.
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia.
--Charles Schultz

#4 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 03 March 2008 - 06:34 PM

You will find a whole lot of friendly people at the supplied Comodo forum link. If I remember correctly there was a thread on your "problem" there not so long ago.

http://forums.comodo.com/
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users